PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A bad MoPho...
Carrier: Sprint

Boaz65 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem with receiving and viewing text messages on my Pro...

Hello All!,
I'm new to the site and I am very AMAZED and still mostly confused at all of the info here. I will get it figured out eventually, but thanks to all who help out guys like me!
My question....It seems that when I receive long text messages from someone, the type where apparently it is split into many message because of text overun, they arrive at my phone in reverse order! If its a message that was sent into 2 parts, I will receive the second part FIRST, followed by the FIRST part second. Is there a way to change this so I can read these messages in the order that it was meant to be read?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses!
Old 06-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: Problem with receiving and viewing text messages on my Pro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaz65 View Post
Hello All!,
I'm new to the site and I am very AMAZED and still mostly confused at all of the info here. I will get it figured out eventually, but thanks to all who help out guys like me!
My question....It seems that when I receive long text messages from someone, the type where apparently it is split into many message because of text overun, they arrive at my phone in reverse order! If its a message that was sent into 2 parts, I will receive the second part FIRST, followed by the FIRST part second. Is there a way to change this so I can read these messages in the order that it was meant to be read?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses!
There is a 160 character limit on all carriers (I believe, I know sprint does). It automatically breaks it up into 2 messages if you go over. Not sure how to get around getting the messages in order. I would suggest telling whoever is sending you long text messages to break it up manually and keep it under 160 per text message.

I know on the TP, there should be a character counter when texting to let you let know how many characters are at.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

I have sprint and when it is over 169 chars I only receive the first message never the second.
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 06-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesty16277 View Post
I have sprint and when it is over 169 chars I only receive the first message never the second.

I had that problem on my OLD Moto KRZR, but NEVER on the TP. Vesty, what ROM you on?
Old 06-17-2009, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A bad MoPho...
Threadstarter

Boaz65 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for your response,
Yes, I was aware of the limit of 160 characters on my phone and I did see the counter. I was quite certain that other carriers had that same limit. Its just weird that if and/or when the limit is over, it would make sense that the first 160 be sent FIRST. It's like the system waits for the entire message to be completed and then forwards it in reverse order that it was completed. From the end or last finished text to the first. Is it just me and my phone, am I the only one that this is happening to? I posted this on another forum and some have said that they had heard of this problem but weren't sure of a remedy, so I thought that I would try here as well.....
Old 06-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is probably a limitation of the SMS network. Sprint is supposedly notorious for having delayed texts, so it's not surprising to hear that even on the same text that has been broken up, they would experience different delivery times on the network.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

OP, you could try a different radio and see if you get better results. I am on the 1.10 and it works MUCH better than the 1.0 shipped you get with stock...at least in the Minneapolis area.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I briefly had the LG Lotus and it was the same way. Only sometimes i would get mess #2 out of 3 then 1, then 3. Its not the TP, possibly the network. Who knows, but you cant fix it that i know of, and flashing anything, wont help.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

It's a network problem (assuming Sprint service)

When I had Sprint I had constant ongoing sms problems for 2 years.

When we switched to Verizon, the problems went away (I still use Sprint phones on my VZ service however). We use sms a lot in my business & it is critical for it to work correctly.

~John
Old 06-18-2009, 08:25 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i will just say welcome to the site your question has been abswerd a few times

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro