PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   can the htc pro from sprint be flashed to boost mobile (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71945)

duvonm 06-17-2009 12:27 PM

can the htc pro from sprint be flashed to boost mobile

I wanted to know if it ccan be done and would all features still work. and if it can be done where at? thank you

orionsbuckle 06-17-2009 12:30 PM

Re: can the htc pro from sprint be flashed to boost mobile

Quote:

Originally Posted by duvonm (Post 980380)
I wanted to know if it ccan be done and would all features still work. and if it can be done where at? thank you

unfortunately this can be done due to the different Services. the TP is a CDMA device and boost operates on the IDEN network. sorry man...but boost does have a new device out that has a full keyboard similar to the blackberry and htc snap but its not as big i dont think. check it out.

hope i helpes ya man:headbang::headbang:

WarChild 06-17-2009 12:36 PM

basically no. it doesn't take a sim card. think of it that way.

duvonm 06-17-2009 12:51 PM

someone claims they can do it but wants some mone for it.

WarChild 06-17-2009 12:58 PM

if someone wants money for something you cant find through google and do yourself be skeptical about it. If it could be done someone on here would have already started a thread about it.

pknyo 06-17-2009 01:02 PM

I think it`s possible, people flash sprint moguls to boost. Check out Howard forums. A friend of mine from work wanted to know if I could do this for him, so I looked into it a little bit. He hasn`t shown much interest in it lately so I stopped reading into it.

WarChild 06-17-2009 01:08 PM

Here is the proof and its the first time I have heard of it so I would say yes it is possible.

WarChild 06-17-2009 01:10 PM

dont brick your Pro though, that would be a whole nother thread...lol

basilray 06-17-2009 02:51 PM

I did some digging...

Apparently, you have to get your hands on a Boost CDMA phone. Then once you have service, you MAY be able to switch over to a Sprint phone. Sounds like people have had good success with the Mogul.

jaqual 06-18-2009 01:02 AM

Yes, it's absolutely possible. Since Boost's CDMA service is just Sprint's service, there is no flashing necessary.
You do indeed need to start an account first with a Boost CDMA phone, then call in and have them swap it. Some have been able to get an account set up by telling them that the phone is a Boost phone, but giving the Sprint phone's ESN to activate, but it's hit or miss.
You should definitely check out Howard Forums to read about it more.