PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   HTC TOUCH PRO - Phone(phn) error help please (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71921)

B.SkiLLs 06-17-2009 07:02 AM

HTC TOUCH PRO - Phone(phn) error help please

Just started getting this error. see attached pic below.

Any and all help is much appreciated. Also not. I do not believe i have done anything different or installed anything to cause this nor especially from handmark. I use to have ilancher on here but removed it cause the version was a little messed with a few small errors and i notified them but besides that nothing.

http://www.imghostit.com/BSkiLLz/hos...zaztac0017.bmp

Hypnotic2010 06-17-2009 07:35 AM

Re: HTC TOUCH PRO - Phone(phn) error help please

[quote=B.SkiLLs;979958]Just started getting this error. see attached pic below.

Any and all help is much appreciated. Also not. I do not believe i have done anything different or installed anything to cause this nor especially from handmark. I use to have ilancher on here but removed it cause the version was a little messed with a few small errors and i notified them but besides that nothing.

For the fix:
open up Pocket Express...enter your number if you're setting this up for the first time.
Click on Menu on the Bottom right
Click on the Account drop down menu on top left
Select Auto updates
Change Frequency to "No Auto Updates"
Click Done.

B.SkiLLs 06-17-2009 09:46 AM

[quote=Hypnotic2010;979973]
Quote:

Originally Posted by B.SkiLLs (Post 979958)
Just started getting this error. see attached pic below.

For the fix:
open up Pocket Express...enter your number if you're setting this up for the first time.
Click on Menu on the Bottom right
Click on the Account drop down menu on top left
Select Auto updates
Change Frequency to "No Auto Updates"
Click Done.

Thanks. I just did so and we shall see. Thanks i will will do an official thanks button when we figure out if this helped the issue.

I appreciate it. :)

eriji 07-07-2009 04:25 PM

I'm getting the same error, and I do not want to have Pocket Express activated on my phone.

The error comes up a couple times a day, and Sprint says there is no way to disable/remove the program.

The problem for me is that when I start up Pocket Express, there is no "menu" option at the bottom, I have to agree to the terms and conditions (which obviously I do not) as the first step.

It is quite disconcerting (and its obviously using battery life) that a program can access the data connection on your phone and use it *before* you agree to the terms and conditions.

There must be a registry setting to disable this without activating it first. Anyone know it, or where to look?

boredandtattooed 07-07-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriji (Post 1020358)
I'm getting the same error, and I do not want to have Pocket Express activated on my phone.

The error comes up a couple times a day, and Sprint says there is no way to disable/remove the program.

The problem for me is that when I start up Pocket Express, there is no "menu" option at the bottom, I have to agree to the terms and conditions (which obviously I do not) as the first step.

It is quite disconcerting (and its obviously using battery life) that a program can access the data connection on your phone and use it *before* you agree to the terms and conditions.

There must be a registry setting to disable this without activating it first. Anyone know it, or where to look?

hard reset, then soft rest b4 customizations run.. no more handmark... no more carrier cabs either, but there all in the threads here for the stuff you do want to re install...

B.SkiLLs 07-11-2009 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriji (Post 1020358)

Worked for me. but i forgot to post back and a thanks but...

also, you can delete that / uninstall it if i remember correctly.