PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dfootball56 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardfootball56 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardfootball56 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cannot uninstall a program

I know I know you're all rolling your eyes by now but I did search..haha This problem is a bit different.

I installed some bogus version of Who wants to be a millionaire. I tried uninstalling it and it gives me this message "Who wants to be a millionaire v1.1 was not completely removed. Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?" I click yes. It still remains on my uninstall list. On top of that the damn game still runs and the icons remain on the games list. I have searched the registry, I have searched through file explorer and can't find the program to save my life.

Any suggestion on how to get this game uninstalled without doing a hard reset?
Old 06-17-2009, 02:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Cannot uninstall a program

Try using the built-in uninstaller in SKTools.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:31 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dfootball56 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardfootball56 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardfootball56 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Haha here is a kicker. it's not even in the list of installed programs using SKTools. What the hell...haha
Old 06-17-2009, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

funbobnopants is keeping up the good workfunbobnopants is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to funbobnopants

Try unistalling from programs, when asked to remove from list click no, then reinstall the program, it'll tell you the previous version must be removed then it will say it can't be removed. After this check and see if it has been removed. Works for me. If this helps you hit Thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try this:

Reinstall the program. When it says the previous version will be uninstalled, click Yes. Then, when it asks you where to install the new version, click Cancel.

Kinda ghetto but who knows, lol.

Edit - Sure, I take 2 mins to verify it works on my phone and get beaten to the punch!
Old 06-17-2009, 02:36 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Ah hah I found her. She was hidden 5 folders deep...haha All initials. The actual game name wasn't even listed. Hmm sneaky little ****.

Thanks to both of you for your responses anyway

By the way. No need to ask for a "thanks" bro...lol If you're helpful then you should get a thanks. Asking for one isn't the best way to go.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

LOL no problem man. I had some GPS software do that to me the other day, and just Hard Reset to show my phone who the **** was boss...
Old 06-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Haha I was close to it but it's such a pain in the *** to re-install everything.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro