PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   odd problem? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71864)

tsbrewers 06-16-2009 05:24 PM

odd problem?

Ok, I am running mighty 4.16 and have a weird problem popping up now after about 3 weeks of being fine.

When I push the email tab or the sms tab on my phone, it immediately goes to a HTC TouchFlo3d animation that says, "touch here to launch TF3d", then "launching TF3D" then it goes back the home page.

All other tabs, ie" phone, contacts, weather, etc. work just fine.

any guesses?

Brew

shaggylive 06-16-2009 05:36 PM

Re: odd problem?

try CleanRam, or disable then re-enable tf3d, otherwise you may need a hard-reset

Rourke Swift 06-16-2009 05:39 PM

Usually when TF3D starts crashing like that, it coincides with botched TF3D customizations. Have you been playing with your manilas at all? Installing any cabs that were perhaps designed for Rhodium? What recent UI customizations have you done, if any?

tsbrewers 06-16-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rourke Swift (Post 978959)
Usually when TF3D starts crashing like that, it coincides with botched TF3D customizations. Have you been playing with your manilas at all? Installing any cabs that were perhaps designed for Rhodium? What recent UI customizations have you done, if any?

absolutely nothing. I tried some of the WM6.5 roms about a month ago, then went back to mighty. Since then I have not done a single thing with the phone besides use it. Usually I just flash it, install the half dozen or so cabs I need, then just use it like normal.

Normally I will check email and stuff a couple times a day, but for the last week or so, I have been in an area with no service, so the phone will go days without using it. Not sure if that matters.

Brew

edufur 06-16-2009 06:06 PM

dump tf3d. go with MS3 or titanium

Rourke Swift 06-16-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsbrewers (Post 979003)
absolutely nothing. I tried some of the WM6.5 roms about a month ago, then went back to mighty. Since then I have not done a single thing with the phone besides use it. Usually I just flash it, install the half dozen or so cabs I need, then just use it like normal.

Normally I will check email and stuff a couple times a day, but for the last week or so, I have been in an area with no service, so the phone will go days without using it. Not sure if that matters.

Brew

If that's the case, Shaggy has the same advice for you as I do.

Disable TF3D (Start - Settings - Today - Items - Uncheck TF3D), then reboot your phone. Once at your today screen, re-enable TF3D, and once it's loaded see if you can use the email / SMS items.

If not, a hard-reset might be in order. If it does work, put CleanRAM on a schedule to try and keep it from happening again.

tsbrewers 06-16-2009 06:28 PM

Ok, no go. I might have to break down and do a hard reset. Thanks for the tips though.

Brew

htcman724 06-16-2009 06:28 PM

go to mightys rom thread and look throught there as he posted a cab that will fix that.

tsbrewers 06-16-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htcman724 (Post 979057)
go to mightys rom thread and look throught there as he posted a cab that will fix that.

Thanks, but too late. :) I am on about my 5th rom since I posted last. Trying to find one of the 6.5 ones that I like. I might go back to mighty though (I usually do)

Brew