PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Disable backlight fading. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71863)

Tipharet 06-16-2009 05:20 PM

Disable backlight fading.

Is there anyway to disable the backlight from fading in as it delays touch incall tweak response waiting for the backlight to fade in. I would just like the backlight to turn on immediately with no effects.

acousticsoulfish 06-16-2009 05:21 PM

Re: Disable backlight fading.

:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tipharet (Post 978905)
Is there anyway to disable the backlight from fading in as it delays touch incall tweak response waiting for the backlight to fade in. I would just like the backlight to turn on immediately with no effects.

You can do this using advance configuration tool or diamond tweak. both are very easy cab files floating around all over ppcgeeks. i don't have the time to post a link right now as i am driving, but will try to when i get home.

shaggylive 06-16-2009 05:24 PM

but those app cause other (worse) issues

just disable the auto adjust backlight

boredandtattooed 06-16-2009 05:25 PM

goto settings> system> power> backlight... turn off "auto adjust"... no cabs needed

Tipharet 06-16-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticsoulfish (Post 978907)
You can do this using advance configuration tool or diamond tweak. both are very easy cab files floating around all over ppcgeeks. i don't have the time to post a link right now as i am driving, but will try to when i get home.

lol You dont want to post a link because you are driving, that means you also responded to this thread while driving.

:silent:

Anyway, thanks I saw the setting in advance config.

Tipharet 06-16-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 978921)
goto settings> system> power> backlight... turn off "auto adjust"... no cabs needed

auto adjust disables fading? I assumed auto adjust basically disables the light sensor.

shaggylive 06-16-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tipharet (Post 978926)
auto adjust disables fading? I assumed auto adjust basically disables the light sensor.

correct. it's annoying and a battery drain anyay

Tipharet 06-16-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 978932)
correct. it's annoying and a battery drain anyay

This does not disable fading, touch incall just faded the back light in with this option disabled. There is a prog I saw for back light manager but it does not work with HTC touch pro.

edufur 06-16-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticsoulfish (Post 978907)

Wow, I thought texting while driving was risky. Might I reccomend you not post to forums while driving. You wouldn't be able to live with yourself if you ran someone over. Not to mention, these days, they KNOW when you are doing it... even if you were to hide your phone, they check your cell logs upon incidents to see if you were being negligent. Judges will have no mercy if this is the case. Stay in the community here by staying out of jail.