PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 05:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia 2
Carrier: Bell Mobility

OpenWave is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Voice Command and dialing by itself issue!

I have never come across an issue like this before and it's driving me mad! I would appreciate any help you can give me. I'll explain what I know to be happening and the circumstances of this issue.

The problem is when I am listening to music with my headphones and my HTC adapter

and i accidentally move or wiggle the adapter as it is in the phone it will either dial a call (usually the last number) or more often the Voice Command feature will activate where I will hear a tone and a few seconds later another tone which notifies that it cannot hear any command (a mic icon is also on the top of the screen).

Any idea as to why this is doing this?

I have went to Start > Settings > System and the Voice Command and unchecked the box where it says Enabled but as soon as I brush up against the adapter the same problem persists and the Enabled box becomes check marked again. I tried deleting anything I could find in the Registry that says VoiceCommand but that also doesn't work!

I don't need Voice Command EVER and I have tried almost everything, this also occurs on every ROM I tried, suggestions or ideas anyone? Thanks.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Re: Voice Command and dialing by itself issue!

is it possible that the "well" logo is a button? with the way it looks it certainly appears that way. perhaps you are bumping that and it is initiating the process?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

OpenWave is a n00b

No, it's just a logo, this really has me stumped!
Old 06-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

I think you and this guy should communicate about your adapters and possibly the USB ports on your phones:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=audio+adapter

Is yours really an HTC adapter, or does the "WELL" indicate a 3rd party adapter that is supposed to be compatible with your Touch Pro?

Edit: does the stock HTC adapter (the big one that came with the phone) cause this issue? If not I'd say it has to be the adapter.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sorry i cant help, but i would like one of those adapters, where did you get it?
Old 06-20-2009, 12:15 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

OpenWave is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
I think you and this guy should communicate about your adapters and possibly the USB ports on your phones:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=audio+adapter

Is yours really an HTC adapter, or does the "WELL" indicate a 3rd party adapter that is supposed to be compatible with your Touch Pro?

Edit: does the stock HTC adapter (the big one that came with the phone) cause this issue? If not I'd say it has to be the adapter.
Thanks Haus! I will PM sudermatt and see what I can come up with and yes it is a 3rd party adapter. You're right about the original adapter, it doesn't do anything when I try to move it which is a good sign indicating it is in fact the adapter. When I looked at the inside of the adapter it looks as if one of the pins is slightly loose or out of place but I try not to bump it and it doesn't happen often. Just curious as to why when I disable the Voice Command that once the problem occurs the Voice Command is enabled or checkmarked again? Would like to have registry hack to disable all the Voice Command keys if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
Sorry i cant help, but i would like one of those adapters, where did you get it?
I bought this one on eBay for $5 and have used it now for over a year with no problems except this particular one. Just enter '3.5mm Headphone Adapter For HTC Touch' on eBay. Buy 3, one for your car with a cassette adapter if you have a player in your car or to a Aux. input, one for your headphones or earphones and one as a spare.
Don't get the adapters with the wire, only the one like in the pic I posted, otherwise the wire will eventually break, mine only lasted a week! The wire is very thin and is frail, don't waste your money because it will not last.

Last edited by OpenWave; 06-20-2009 at 12:27 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro