PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tford06 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Refurbs Shipping

I just got a replacement phone today... Not a refurb.

I do think it is BS that there are so many problems however. This is my 5th TP in less than 6 months. The cable connecting the slide out keyboard to the screen got messed up on my original and the screen got garbled. The first replacement had the keyboard go out. My third phone was my fault as it got broke in a motorcycle wreck, $100 deductable. The fourth had the keyboard go out again. Now I'm on 5, well 4 technically.

My Sprint store has never gave me a hassle replacing phones. They will give me one brand new or order one and have it in the next day (which was the case with this most recent replacement). Plus I've cut to the front a couple times just cause they know me.

I also have 2 friends with TP's and one is on his 3rd due to keyboard problems and needs it replaced again (he never flashes ROM's and takes care of his phones, only replaced his Mogul once)... The other guy is about to get his first replacement for the keyboard, also stock ROM.

But still, I love my SERO plan and my TP is awesome when it works.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

Just an update, Asurion replaced my lost device with a NIB device. I talked to my buddy at my local corporate Sprint store and he said "they're" shipping NIB devices. He didn't elaborate on whether or not "they" were Sprint or Asurion. Ziiiiing!
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Old 06-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Sprint sent me out a new phone because of the issues with the text messages delaying on my current Touch Pro. Tye sent me a Refurbs. It came in a Black and White box with a dog on it saying here's your Refurb phone. I will post pics as soon as I get home.

BTW: Any way we can post pics straight to this site from our phones?
My 2nd TP's KB crapped out after only a month. 1st one lasted 5 months before the kb quit on me. And I baby my phones too, never dropped either one of em. I took my 2nd KB to the Sprint store and they replaced it right then and there. KB failure is a known issue and they should give you a New in box phone.

I don't have TEP or insurance either.

Quality control on the TP's are terrible. Who ever is in charge should be fired. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a phone with a decent speaker so you can hear the caller without having to tweak it, or have a KB that won't stop working after a few months, or have your phone that won't lock up overnight while charging, or gets extremely hot if you are the phone for over an hour, IT is a d!@# PHONE isn't it?

Granted, the problems may be magnified on this message board because people come to this site looking for solutions (Thank goodness for this site) and not everyone experiences all these problems. But some of us DO and have legitimately horrible phones. But on the same coin, you have people who return phones for the smallest, most minuscule things. There will always be people trying to take advantage of something.

And it kind of sucks that apparently you have to flash your phone with a custom ROM to fully utilize the device how it's suppose to be used. But that's not HTC's fault but Microsoft's. Look at the Iphone (i'm no apple or iphone fanboy by any means, hence why I have a TP) they are coming out with software updates that include new FEATURES. Heck, M$ can't even come out wth software updates to fix problems. They just ship the software half baked and let the great folks here at PPCGeeks finish their job by coming up with custom ROM's. Why should we need to flash our phones just to get it to work right. Some of us paid upwards of $500 for this device. It is what it is though. I'd never switch to AT&T just for the Iphone, which has no hardware KB, pay extra for data, just for a toy. Cause we all know that's all the Iphone is...it's just now starting to be half of what a WinMo phone is as far as FUNCTIONALITY for business users. I'd like to see a CEO of a fortune 500 company typing out important emails on a SIP keyboard on the Iphone. Just doesn't seem fitting..

</rant>

Last edited by blazinazn; 06-26-2009 at 08:21 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro