PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 04:15 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Touch Pro Refurbs Shipping

Holly smoke 8,8820, am glad i got one dog and no boxes for refurbs..after a few , u gotta raise hell man and get a new...
Old 06-16-2009, 05:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acousticsoulfish is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to acousticsoulfish Send a message via MSN to acousticsoulfish Send a message via Yahoo to acousticsoulfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Sprint sent me out a new phone because of the issues with the text messages delaying on my current Touch Pro. Tye sent me a Refurbs. It came in a Black and White box with a dog on it saying here's your Refurb phone. I will post pics as soon as I get home.

BTW: Any way we can post pics straight to this site from our phones?
first of all, how long have you had the phone? if it was an issue with text messages delaying, then it would be a warranty issue and not an insurance issue and you would not receive a refurb. on your dialer, press ##778# and look at your EPST and find if there is a refurbishment date. if not, it is new.
Your best friend becomes your worst enemy. Lollipops turn into cigarettes. Pepsi becomes vodka. Kisses turn into sex. Remember when getting high meant swinging on the playground? When protection meant wearing kneepads and a helmet? When dad’s shoulders were the highest place on earth, & mom was your hero? Your worst enemy was your siblings. Race issues were about who ran the fastest. War was only a card game. Its amazing how we couldn’t wait to grow up.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE COZ BOOGIE MILITIA
Old 06-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Sprint sent me out a new phone because of the issues with the text messages delaying on my current Touch Pro. Tye sent me a Refurbs. It came in a Black and White box with a dog on it saying here's your Refurb phone. I will post pics as soon as I get home.

BTW: Any way we can post pics straight to this site from our phones?
This is nothing new.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticsoulfish View Post
first of all, how long have you had the phone? if it was an issue with text messages delaying, then it would be a warranty issue and not an insurance issue and you would not receive a refurb. on your dialer, press ##778# and look at your EPST and find if there is a refurbishment date. if not, it is new.
What are you talking about? Yes, they are sending out refurb models as warranty replacements. I've received 2 so far.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

a few days ago i had to get a new TP because the screen on my last one was coming off...i got a refurb unit aswell but there isnt anything wrong with it
Old 06-16-2009, 06:58 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

http://img23.imageshack.us/i/image014yfz.jpg/
Old 06-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

True they are sending out refurbs as warranty replacers... i just got one today for my diamond.

I'll wait a few days then take it back to the store and complain about it having a wonky scroll wheel... then insist they give me a brand new in box Diamond on the spot. If they cant, then I'll email ecare, have them credit me for the retail amount of the device and then wait for the TP2 to arrive...

this is the song and dance i went thru back in Nov when the diamond first came out and they exchanged my then mogul for the diamond free of charge and with $150 in service credits for all the hassle.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 06-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I love how everyone is complaining about this phone and thinking the TP2 will solve all the issues. I hope the TP2 sucks more than the TP.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
True they are sending out refurbs as warranty replacers... i just got one today for my diamond.

I'll wait a few days then take it back to the store and complain about it having a wonky scroll wheel... then insist they give me a brand new in box Diamond on the spot. If they cant, then I'll email ecare, have them credit me for the retail amount of the device and then wait for the TP2 to arrive...

this is the song and dance i went thru back in Nov when the diamond first came out and they exchanged my then mogul for the diamond free of charge and with $150 in service credits for all the hassle.
...and the rest of us wonder why prices keep going up.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
I love how everyone is complaining about this phone and thinking the TP2 will solve all the issues. I hope the TP2 sucks more than the TP.
So, you have a TP and post here because...?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro