PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Live Email not notifying

I have a Windows Live email address set up on my Touch Pro, as well as my Exchanage Server email thru my job, and a gmail account. The Outlook email and Gmail both notify me of emails, by either vibrating or ringing. However, the Live mail will not notify me. It will not vibrate and it will not ring. It will just show up, and maybe, just maybe, the LED ring will flash from time to time. I have had 4-5 replacements for various issues, and have tried multiple ROMs, and this issue has arisen on all of them.

Currently, I'm running my TP on MightyROM 5, but I was wondering if anyone else had this issue, if so, how do I fix it? lol. Any input/commentary is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff
Re: Windows Live Email not notifying

I assume you have gone to Settings/Sounds & Notifications (Notifications tab) Set the event "Messaging: New e-mail Message" and checked "Play Sound" and "Vibrate"?
Old 06-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

I did check the "play sound" and also tried the "vibrate" option. The other two email accounts work fine. The only account the ringer and/or vibrator does not work for is the live mail.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Live mail is managed through that Live program so you may be able to adjust the options there. I haven't used Live mail in a while as it burns through my batteries faster than if I used exchange or just 15 min polling intervals.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:59 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Minw has been working 99.8% of the time runing stock. I am not sure what the prob could be except that it may have something to so with your set up since you had this prob will all your TP's. As a temporary solution if that is critical for you, you can set up live mail to send you a text notification...
Old 06-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff

Not to keep stating the obvious, but you probably had a conflict between your three email services. Have you tried removing the other two (gmail and exchange), then sending yourself a couple of emails? That would determine whether notificaitions are not working for live or if its an issue with the other accounts...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I have always had this problem since day one with my Mogul. I have always believed it to be a limitation of using that type of account. I also use an Exchange account which obviously works flawlessly.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Live mail is managed through that Live program so you may be able to adjust the options there. I haven't used Live mail in a while as it burns through my batteries faster than if I used exchange or just 15 min polling intervals.
That's what I thought, and so I went through all the options, and there's not one for notifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
I have always had this problem since day one with my Mogul. I have always believed it to be a limitation of using that type of account. I also use an Exchange account which obviously works flawlessly.
Hmm, maybe it's because of the exchange email?
Old 06-16-2009, 06:43 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

I would delete and recreate the accounts what position is your live mail ? put that joint uptop and give it a shot..
Old 06-16-2009, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800 > omnia i910 > Touch Pro 2 & Motorola DROID
Carrier: Verizon

jer07734 is keeping up the good workjer07734 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jer07734 Send a message via Yahoo to jer07734

try not using windows live, but setting it up as a pop account.

use these settings -

in the beginning, for the email address, leave off the .com. just username@hotmail
your name - what ever you want people to see when you email them
account display name - identifying name of the account on your device
incoming mail server - pop3.live.com
account type - pop3
user name - your full email address, example username@hotmail.com
password - your password
check the box to save password
outgoing server - smtp.live.com
check the box for outgoing requires authentication
check the box for use the same username and password for sending
under advanced server setting, check both boxes for require ssl on incoming and outgoing and your connection should be the internet
next thru setting the user-defined fields until finished
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro