PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Live Email not notifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP31 View Post
I experienced the same problem for a long time and just accepted it.

Then one day I decided to change my mail download interval from 15 minutes to real time/as they arrive.

After that change, the notification sound started working.
Indeed, I changed my mail download interval down to real time/as they arrive, and it does notify me now! Thanks a lot! And to back RP31 up, my battery life has not suffered very noticeably, as it still lasts from 7am to at least 8pm, and that's with a large amount of texting and moderate web usage. (My battery lasted this long when I had the Live email set to sync every 30 minutes as well.)

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Well, I changed the settings for mail download interval back to 15 minutes, and sent myself a test email from my exchange email, and sure enough, it took 15 minutes for that little icon on the screen to show "Hotmail: 3", but it never notified me out loud or vibrated, and my phone is on loud. So apparently it will only notify you of new emails if you have the sync schedule set to check for new items as they arrive.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:27 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Mine is set to"as items arrive"and it does notify me most of the time, I think it is the Push that the Microsoft push that gets wachy at times
Old 07-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well, mine is still set to "as items arrive", and has been notifying me, until yesterday. Nothing changed as far as settings, and no apps were added/installed. Somehow, my phone does not notify me of any new emails in my live account, until just now, once I had received 5 emails. Ha, it prob is my exchange server getting in the way.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good workPPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Nate View Post
Well, mine is still set to "as items arrive", and has been notifying me, until yesterday. Nothing changed as far as settings, and no apps were added/installed. Somehow, my phone does not notify me of any new emails in my live account, until just now, once I had received 5 emails. Ha, it prob is my exchange server getting in the way.
One thing I've noticed is that Live will not notify you on your phone when you are signed into Messenger. I guess this makes sense - no need to notify you twice about the same email - but it took me a while to figure out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCGeeks4ME View Post
One thing I've noticed is that Live will not notify you on your phone when you are signed into Messenger. I guess this makes sense - no need to notify you twice about the same email - but it took me a while to figure out.
aha. Kewl. Thanks for the info on that. Just figured I would also mention that I'm never logged into the Messenger. But def good info to know!
Old 08-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro (alltel)
Carrier: Alltel

kinger9 is a n00b

I have this same issue, when I set to "as it arrives" I get a vibrate about 95% of the time (I work in a limited signal environment) it also drains the battery so fast I can barely make it to my truck at 5pm to get it on the car charger. When I put it on Snyc schedule of every 15 minutes I DO NOT get a vibrate but the battery lasts till 10pm. Its furstrating there is a guy next to me with a blackberry and his vibes on every e-mail. I wish I could get this vibrate on every e-mail on the sync schedule I set it to. I am using a hotmail account through the touch flow interface (same as POP?, I'm not up to speed on these things). This is a Alltel touch pro.

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro