PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 11:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

achqm5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Noisy Vibration

So when my phone vibrates it is making this terrible noise. It sounds like something in the vibrating mechanism is loose. It also seems like it is making more noise than actual vibrating. It sounds like if you stick a piece of paper in a box fan or something like that.

Anyone had this problem?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Noisy Vibration

If you squeeze your phone when it vibrates, does it stop doing that sound? My phone makes a rattling noise because the top half of the phone keeps tapping the bottom half.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

crazybliss is a n00b

x2 here, just got a refurb and it was fine up until yesterday. Sounds like somthing is loose inside.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

crazybliss is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
If you squeeze your phone when it vibrates, does it stop doing that sound? My phone makes a rattling noise because the top half of the phone keeps tapping the bottom half.
yep it stops if squeeze it
Old 06-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybliss View Post
yep it stops if squeeze it
In that case, it's most likely 2 parts of the phone hitting each other. I very common occurrence when there are no rubber pads on phones with moving parts.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:26 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

most new/replacements come with two plastic covers on top of the left and right sides of the device, i kept mine on and never had the "tapping" issue. Have it swapped or find the two plastic covers.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-16-2009, 11:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

achqm5 is a n00b

My phone still makes the noise when the phone is squeezed. If its open (keyboard exposed) it still makes the noise.

The noise is coming from right behind the lower part of the battery cover where I would think the vibrating mechanism would be. It def. sounds like its coming from the mechanism and not the two parts of the phone rubbing together.

Would this be an issue for advanced online exchange?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by achqm5 View Post
My phone still makes the noise when the phone is squeezed. If its open (keyboard exposed) it still makes the noise.

The noise is coming from right behind the lower part of the battery cover where I would think the vibrating mechanism would be. It def. sounds like its coming from the mechanism and not the two parts of the phone rubbing together.

Would this be an issue for advanced online exchange?
Not sure if that alone is enough for a replacement. However, you could try hitting your phone against the palm of your hand rather hard. It may set the lose mechanism back in place. This trick works if the rotating weight becomes stuck and your phone will not vibrate or will not stop vibrating.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro