PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Noisy Vibration (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71817)

achqm5 06-16-2009 11:01 AM

Noisy Vibration

So when my phone vibrates it is making this terrible noise. It sounds like something in the vibrating mechanism is loose. It also seems like it is making more noise than actual vibrating. It sounds like if you stick a piece of paper in a box fan or something like that.

Anyone had this problem?

[sammich] 06-16-2009 11:15 AM

Re: Noisy Vibration

If you squeeze your phone when it vibrates, does it stop doing that sound? My phone makes a rattling noise because the top half of the phone keeps tapping the bottom half.

crazybliss 06-16-2009 11:16 AM

x2 here, just got a refurb and it was fine up until yesterday. Sounds like somthing is loose inside.

crazybliss 06-16-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 978111)
If you squeeze your phone when it vibrates, does it stop doing that sound? My phone makes a rattling noise because the top half of the phone keeps tapping the bottom half.

yep it stops if squeeze it

[sammich] 06-16-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazybliss (Post 978113)
yep it stops if squeeze it

In that case, it's most likely 2 parts of the phone hitting each other. I very common occurrence when there are no rubber pads on phones with moving parts.

nxtech3 06-16-2009 11:26 AM

most new/replacements come with two plastic covers on top of the left and right sides of the device, i kept mine on and never had the "tapping" issue. Have it swapped or find the two plastic covers.

achqm5 06-16-2009 11:33 AM

My phone still makes the noise when the phone is squeezed. If its open (keyboard exposed) it still makes the noise.

The noise is coming from right behind the lower part of the battery cover where I would think the vibrating mechanism would be. It def. sounds like its coming from the mechanism and not the two parts of the phone rubbing together.

Would this be an issue for advanced online exchange?

[sammich] 06-16-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by achqm5 (Post 978141)
My phone still makes the noise when the phone is squeezed. If its open (keyboard exposed) it still makes the noise.

The noise is coming from right behind the lower part of the battery cover where I would think the vibrating mechanism would be. It def. sounds like its coming from the mechanism and not the two parts of the phone rubbing together.

Would this be an issue for advanced online exchange?

Not sure if that alone is enough for a replacement. However, you could try hitting your phone against the palm of your hand rather hard. It may set the lose mechanism back in place. This trick works if the rotating weight becomes stuck and your phone will not vibrate or will not stop vibrating.