PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 05:40 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to find out if my Pro is a refurb...done it before but cannot remember how.

actually non of the methods can be fully trusted.... if they get a phone back in the original box, it goes back out with the box. also if they don't do anything to it (execpt hardreset/stock flash) epst won't show a refurb date. it doesn't really matter as long as everything works as it should.

edit; call timer or data counter is the best way to tell.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer
Re: How to find out if my Pro is a refurb...done it before but cannot remember how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
You had a BRAND NEW phone shipped to you without a battery, accessories, or the likes?

I highly doubt it was new.

You're telling me they would open a retail box, remove the accessories, repackage a brand-new, perfectly good phone, and send it to you? Simply by opening the box and breaking the seals they cannot claim a phone is brand new. Violation of FTC rules.
You can doubt all you want, you're still wrong. I received a warranty replacement device on yesterday, and I checked the ESPT. The refurb status was "No" and the Original Activation Date line was blank. I also checked the call total and timer, which only shows the number of calls and total talk time since I received the phone. Yes it is brand new. Yes, it came in the tiny cardboard box with the dog on the outside that was label "replacement." No, there was no original box/packaging. And the kicker? They sent me a mini USB wall charger (which works with my TP) but has a Blackberry logo.

Look, all people need to understand is that Sprint sends out all sorts of mixed up stuff. It's no all cut and dry one way.

Last edited by MidwestDrummer; 06-16-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor

Drummer, you and sauman are speaking of two different boxes, but both are right and nailed it shut with "there's all sort of stuff coming from Sprint returns and Assurian." Just got my fourth one yesterday in the dog box and no refurb status and no calls on the timer (1.5 hours after a light work day, today). Mine was manufactured in May according to my EPST and I am hoping some of the hardware (keyboard) issues are corrected. I took a few days for my last one to start showing symptoms, so I am very interested. The point is, though, that it is new and manufactured in May and arrived in the refurb box. Pretty sly and a good discrete solution on Sprint's part.

matt
Old 06-16-2009, 08:15 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by livejazz View Post
Drummer, you and sauman are speaking of two different boxes, but both are right and nailed it shut with "there's all sort of stuff coming from Sprint returns and Assurian." Just got my fourth one yesterday in the dog box and no refurb status and no calls on the timer (1.5 hours after a light work day, today). Mine was manufactured in May according to my EPST and I am hoping some of the hardware (keyboard) issues are corrected. I took a few days for my last one to start showing symptoms, so I am very interested. The point is, though, that it is new and manufactured in May and arrived in the refurb box. Pretty sly and a good discrete solution on Sprint's part.

matt
same story here. got it in the refurb box and it was manufactured in may, no call timer, etc.... however, when i activated it online, the phone model had "REC" before it where my other one didn't. i can only imagine this means "recertified"... *shrug*
Old 06-16-2009, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor

I noticed that, as well. My only thought is that, for FCC's sake, Sprint is making some corrections and maybe they have to be called "recertified" by law. Kindof goes back to Drummer's statement about different stuff, but I'm just hoping that there is some departure from the emulated apathy regarding these shortcomings that are driving me crazy and waisting alot of my time. In other words, I hope Sprint is fixing the known problems with these TP's.

matt
Old 06-16-2009, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D + Vogue

leylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

is there anyway to remove that refurb status?
Old 06-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Didn't mean to call anyone a liar, I was just implying that it was unlikely that they were actually new devices.

I guess technically since they aren't SELLING them, they don't have to follow FTC guidelines with calling certain products new/refurbished.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

I just received my replacement TP, came in the little box with the dog on it....reminded me of a mcdonalds apple pie box, and it seems to be new. ##786# shows no refurb date, stickers aren't pushed in the screws under the battery, there isn't a scratch on it. Is it a safe assumption to say this is a new phone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro