PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 04:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

monkeyxiv is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
cmda roms

i get my touch pro tomorrow and in preparation so i dont have to flash a million roms i would like to know the communities opinion on the best 6.5 rom released atm. indicators would include the one with the least bugs, best battery life, and most stable.

your input will be very much appreciated ^^.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: cmda roms

Check out the latest titanium Longhorn ROM
Old 06-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'll toss down some love for Mighty ROM 5. No crashes, real good battery life, and VERY FAST!

Not sure if pre-loaded apps are a big deal for you. They weren't a huge deal for me, which is another reason I liked MR5. It takes care of the big stuff, and leaves you to take care of the small stuff.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

monkeyxiv is a n00b

first of all thanks for the input. i usually go through and research the roms myself but i haven't kept up with tp roms on account i didn't have one :P so when i went to catch up on my roms theirs like 50 roms and each one has about 100 pages to cycle through... its a bit over whelming so i figure i could get assistance from the community.

and btw the apps aren't a deal to me at all main thing i do like is good battery life and stability :P

but ima read up on those 2 roms now ^^
Old 06-17-2009, 01:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

I highly recommend this rom,
It's amazing.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

commonplace is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to commonplace Send a message via AIM to commonplace Send a message via Yahoo to commonplace

This is akin to asking what the best ice cream flavour is -- everyone has their personal fav. I use Mighty ROM 5 and it works great for me. I'm very happy with it. Others have tried it and moved to something else. YMMV. Thankfully it doesn't take long to flash so just try a few until you find one you like the best, then you can move on with customising it and setting it all up!

/Kevin
Old 06-18-2009, 03:54 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

monkeyxiv is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
This is akin to asking what the best ice cream flavour is -- everyone has their personal fav. I use Mighty ROM 5 and it works great for me. I'm very happy with it. Others have tried it and moved to something else. YMMV. Thankfully it doesn't take long to flash so just try a few until you find one you like the best, then you can move on with customising it and setting it all up!

/Kevin

yeah understandable but their are also a few roms with major bugs like randomly hard resetting and what not which i would like to avoid. which is mainly what sorts of things im looking out for ^^
Old 06-18-2009, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp

lawsofpower48 is just getting started

i just got my TP a few days ago too...i installed the mightyrom5...i thnk alot of new people install the most popular rom to begin with .... not sure, but atleast i do

so far so good, i like the mightyrom5... comes w/ winmobile 6.5....i like the touchflo 3d tho..didnt like the default windows menu
Old 06-18-2009, 08:19 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
This is akin to asking what the best ice cream flavour is
new york super fudge chunk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro