PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Any answer for phone battery drain? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71761)

Oxymoron238 06-15-2009 06:48 PM

Any answer for phone battery drain?

No, this isn't another battery thread.

Well, not exactly. It's kinda related, but anyway, I was wondering ifthere was any way to stop the phone from spending SO much power during a phone call.

I get pretty good battery life on my touch pro (about 12-14 hours per charge) as long as I'm no during a call. I can play games, surf the web, or do anything else I need to do without seeing a huge battery drain. But during a call, I'll lose at least 10 percent even if the call only lasts 10 minutes! Is there any reason for this?

I know the talk time on a phone will be significantly less than its standby time, but should it be THAT much lower?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Unknown Zone 06-15-2009 07:06 PM

Re: Any answer for phone battery drain?

well as you know anytime a electronic device has to xmit it will draw alot more pwr from the battery then on standby due to the now the electronics it has to be in a sort of "active" mode then "passive".

Edit: example BlueAntV1 Specifications (200hrs standby/5hrs Talk "if you can even get that") talk about draining the battery during active mode this thing just sucks/drinks the battery pwr like water.... 8)

Things that might help...is keep backlight "off" during call....maybe slow down the clockspeed....there is a cab for that....just little things will add up and save you some battery pwr during call.

basilray 06-15-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 (Post 976973)
No, this isn't another battery thread.

Well, not exactly. It's kinda related, but anyway, I was wondering ifthere was any way to stop the phone from spending SO much power during a phone call.

I get pretty good battery life on my touch pro (about 12-14 hours per charge) as long as I'm no during a call. I can play games, surf the web, or do anything else I need to do without seeing a huge battery drain. But during a call, I'll lose at least 10 percent even if the call only lasts 10 minutes! Is there any reason for this?

I know the talk time on a phone will be significantly less than its standby time, but should it be THAT much lower?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Have you tried a different radio version? I am on Sprint and for me...going from the shipped 1.0 radio to the 1.11 radio made a nice difference.

Also, are you on Stock ROM? You'll get better battery life with just about ANY custom ROM. I use Mighty ROM 5 and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :mrgreen:

codybear 06-15-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilray (Post 977079)
Have you tried a different radio version? I am on Sprint and for me...going from the shipped 1.0 radio to the 1.11 radio made a nice difference.

Also, are you on Stock ROM? You'll get better battery life with just about ANY custom ROM. I use Mighty ROM 5 and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :mrgreen:

Upgrading the radio is an option,
it can help.

I'm using Nfsfan's TP rom,
and can't be happier.

Oxymoron238 06-16-2009 06:17 PM

I'm on Merdinh's newest 6.1 rom with the U.S. Cellular Radio.

Where is this cab that underclocks the phone during a phone call? Oh yeah, and speaking of underclocking, I have the nuedynamicclock cab, but I haven't installed it. If I install it and set it to underclock to 19mtz while the screen is off, wouldn't that work during a call too?

Unknown Zone 06-16-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 (Post 979040)
..... If I install it and set it to underclock to 19mtz while the screen is off, wouldn't that work during a call too?

I have not installed the cab, so I cannot say what it has and how you can set it when it underclocks.....I am pretty sure there is a thread about this cab, that might answer your question.

I would think it would work during a phone call, since you are setting the overall preformance of the TP as a whole, now 19Mhz might be way to slow, I think people were setting it to 256Mhz some where around that speed for a happy balance.