PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touchpro + Cricket + Email... How?

I'm a little confused after doing some searches in here. I flashed a touch pro for a friend to cricket and have everything working except E-mail. Internet works, Picture mail works, voice and text. If he enters in his account like you normally would for email on the touch pro it gives and error when he tries to connect.. With searching the site i have noticed people talking about push mail not working.. I've NEVER used push mail on my touch pro.. I usually just have it update every two hours. Are they saying that PUSH MAIL is not possible with cricket or not even normal E-mail? I have this program Funambol that looks like a solution, but i'm curious if there is a way to make it work without it. He doesn't need mail being pushed instantaneously, just normal mail that he can click send/receive and it will work. Can anybody explain it to me?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: herman <- titan <- apache
Carrier: cricket

krielys is just getting started
Unhappy Re: Touchpro + Cricket + Email... How?

it is proxy issue.
pop mail generally does not use the ports that cricket allows.
if you can find a mail that will allow you to use those ports,
then i believe it should work.

cricket uses:
port 8080 for HTTP
port 443 for HTTPS

for example.. i know gmail does not use those ports. gmail uses something in the 900's..
so i just forward a copy to my phonenumber@mms.mycricket.com as notification
and then check with browser when a mail arrives.

btw.
there is also a client called "emoze" that you could try
as an alternative to funambol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
I'm a little confused after doing some searches in here. I flashed a touch pro for a friend to cricket and have everything working except E-mail. Internet works, Picture mail works, voice and text. If he enters in his account like you normally would for email on the touch pro it gives and error when he tries to connect.. With searching the site i have noticed people talking about push mail not working.. I've NEVER used push mail on my touch pro.. I usually just have it update every two hours. Are they saying that PUSH MAIL is not possible with cricket or not even normal E-mail? I have this program Funambol that looks like a solution, but i'm curious if there is a way to make it work without it. He doesn't need mail being pushed instantaneously, just normal mail that he can click send/receive and it will work. Can anybody explain it to me?

Last edited by krielys; 06-16-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Touchpro + Cricket + Email... How?

well the biggest issue is attaching a file to email. he was trying to use yahoos web email and there is no option to attach a file. if i could find a way to do that im sure he would be happy. maybe another email like gmail or something?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: herman <- titan <- apache

krielys is just getting started

hmmm, what about the Yahoo Go program ?

http://communication.howstuffworks.c...-internet1.htm

the above site claims Yahoo Go's mail section can send and receive attachments..

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
well the biggest issue is attaching a file to email. he was trying to use yahoos web email and there is no option to attach a file. if i could find a way to do that im sure he would be happy. maybe another email like gmail or something?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Cquick is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by krielys View Post
it is proxy issue.
pop mail generally does not use the ports that cricket allows.
if you can find a mail that will allow you to use those ports,
then i believe it should work.

cricket uses:
port 8080 for HTTP
port 443 for HTTPS

for example.. i know gmail does not use those ports. gmail uses something in the 900's..
so i just forward a copy to my phonenumber@mms.mycricket.com as notification
and then check with browser when a mail arrives.

btw.
there is also a client called "emoze" that you could try
as an alternative to funambol.
I use this method as well. I have a godaddy email account and will only send/recieve on wifi. I normally use opera to access their web email lite version to get my emails. Although sometimes the email sent to my text is readable by clicking view text. Can't reply unless on browser or wifi. Adding broadband to my account so will research that avenue as well.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell, T-Mobile, Sprint

foil is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to foil

Well, in order to get the email client in the Touch Pro to fully work, you need to do the "proxy workaround" hack, that yes, does require a broadband account.

I take absolutely no credit for this, and I'm not sure who is really the one that figured it out, but Mikeysride made a complete guide on how to get it working (and yes, it works, I'm using it now lol). It also makes everything else work as well.... google maps (fully), navizon (fully), pretty much ANYTHING that has to connect to the internet will fully work now without limitation.

The guide is on HoFo, and here is the direct link:
http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1489174

Old 11-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

dullyouth is a n00b

i have an htc touch pro on cricket wireless. i use proxycap and it allows me to tunnel through the cricket proxy and use outlook, im clients...literally everything that doesnt use UDP since http(s) proxies dont transfer udp like socks do. it costs $15 but a very good investment in my opinion. there are a ton of cracked versions on the web but literally none of them work.

i set a rule for web with port 8080 to tunnel straight through and then a rule for the rest to tunnel through the proxy. i tried funambol and all that other crap but it was all a waste once i tried proxycap. works with touch flo email as well...the whole 9. hit me up if you have any questions or need help setting it up.

http://proxycap.com
Old 03-09-2010, 02:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: CRICKET

Bysser is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullyouth View Post
i have an htc touch pro on cricket wireless. i use proxycap and it allows me to tunnel through the cricket proxy and use outlook, im clients...literally everything that doesnt use UDP since http(s) proxies dont transfer udp like socks do. it costs $15 but a very good investment in my opinion. there are a ton of cracked versions on the web but literally none of them work.

i set a rule for web with port 8080 to tunnel straight through and then a rule for the rest to tunnel through the proxy. i tried funambol and all that other crap but it was all a waste once i tried proxycap. works with touch flo email as well...the whole 9. hit me up if you have any questions or need help setting it up.

http://proxycap.com
How can i set it up to work with my tp on cricket?
do you have a step by step? or something...
Thanks
Old 03-09-2010, 03:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Check out this http://cdmagurus.com/forum/showthread.php?1611-Proxycap it'll help you a lot with proxi cap. and if you have Gmail I know a way to get it pushed through the proxy with out any additional programs.

Feel free to PM me for details.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

wakko69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to wakko69 Send a message via Yahoo to wakko69

I have e-mail working on my TP, but I pay for it with the $15 extra for the real web, I have issues getting & sending picture messages because my phone shows up in there systems as a Motorola Evoke QA4 which doesn't support MMS, but lately, I have been receiving a couple of MMS. I tried the proxy workaround and the push mail, but it took to long to setup each time, I flash my phone.

So if he wants to shell our the $15 each month that would work, if not i was getting gmail with the Java client but i had to activate it to receive my mail.

hope this helps

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro