PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bricked (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71736)

brushrop03 06-15-2009 04:09 PM

Bricked

Well my TP isn't really bricked. But I can't access the internet with it anymore.

I went from Silence 6.5 to Meridian to Silence 6.5 again and I lost my ability to get data. I tried the data solution found in the forums, but still a no go. Sprint couldn't fix it of course.

Not sure what happened, but I get a new phone w/o any hassel from Sprint.

Darkjedi 06-15-2009 04:11 PM

Re: Bricked

did you at least try flashing back to stock?

zepsamsung 06-15-2009 04:13 PM

You Messed Up Your Phone Yourself And Expect A New One? What Is Wrong With You?!!!!! You Ruined Your Own Phone With A Non Oem Rom And Then Call And Talk To Sprint About It. If You Had Told Them That You Put A Non Oem Rom On It, They Would Not Replace It!! It Is Because Of People Like You, That Our Insurance Premiums Go Up All The Time!!

Darkjedi 06-15-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zepsamsung (Post 976593)
You Messed Up Your Phone Yourself And Expect A New One? What Is Wrong With You?!!!!! You Ruined Your Own Phone With A Non Oem Rom And Then Call And Talk To Sprint About It. If You Had Told Them That You Put A Non Oem Rom On It, They Would Not Replace It!! It Is Because Of People Like You, That Our Insurance Premiums Go Up All The Time!!

are you using a tablet PC?

zepsamsung 06-15-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 976599)
are you using a tablet PC?

YEP, AND IT WILL NOT GET OFF CAP LOCK... HP TX1000.

bigirb2002 06-15-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zepsamsung (Post 976593)

woe calm down. i feel exactly what your saying tho.as for the original poster do a hard reset. flash back to stock rom hard reset again

zepsamsung 06-15-2009 04:18 PM

"Not sure what happened, but I get a new phone w/o any hassel from Sprint"

SO you told Sprint something other than what you did and now they send a free replacement for damage you caused?

Darkjedi 06-15-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zepsamsung (Post 976601)
YEP, AND IT WILL NOT GET OFF CAP LOCK... HP TX1000.

I always found it so odd that tablet PCs capitalize every first letter.

Anyway I agree with zepsamsung. If you didn't at least try to restore your phone to stock before you went for a replacement, don't be surprised if people here will be kind of upset.

HBOOT 06-15-2009 04:22 PM

Yeah I too say troubleshoot that thing to death, if you can flash it you can fix it, dont give up dude until you exhaust all options otherwise dont flash that isht anymore may be flush it:scratch:....

brushrop03 06-15-2009 04:27 PM

Of course I did all that guys.

I flashed multiple roms. Mighty, two different Silence roms, and Sprint's official.

I've been doing this stuff since Mogul. I'm not sure what happened...

I didn't call Sprint before trying the Sprint ROM. I trouble shooted for 2 days myself!!