PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 04:52 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Bricked

Thanks rossi. We went through those steps with tech support (resetting the device) and it still didn't work.

I was with tech support for about 30mins and we tried that a couple of times
Old 06-15-2009, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepsamsung View Post
Switched to keyboard now, no caps, lol. Here's my problem with the poster. He states that he will get a new one with no hassle from Sprint. Did he tell Sprint what rom that he put on his phone? Did he try to flash back to oem to see if that fixes the issue? Sounds like another bricked phone damaged by a non oem rom being replaced by Sprint which as I said, drives up the cost for all of us who have phone problems that we did not cause.
so you have never, and i mean NEVER flashed your phone to another rom? if you have, what makes you any better than the OP? and, if you did flash a rom and had a problem, did you call sprint and tell them "oh by the way, im using a cooked rom that was not approved by sprint. can you still help me?". i can almost guarantee no one that has flashed a rom has told there carrier that they changed the programming of there phone, WHICH is why there are those stock roms on here to flash back to if you have to send a phone back. its a CYA thing.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:54 PM
brushrop03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
so you have never, and i mean NEVER flashed your phone to another rom? if you have, what makes you any better than the OP? and, if you did flash a rom and had a problem, did you call sprint and tell them "oh by the way, im using a cooked rom that was not approved by sprint. can you still help me?". i can almost guarantee no one that has flashed a rom has told there carrier that they changed the programming of there phone, WHICH is why there are those stock roms on here to flash back to if you have to send a phone back. its a CYA thing.
Yeah, i don't believe there are many people on this site that haven't flashed. I felt that was hypocrtical.

And like I said i've been doing this for about 2 yrs now. Never had a problem or any issues like this. And I wouldn't do anything that wasn't a sure thing and verified to work by others on this site
Old 06-15-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TheUltimateDroid Blue Midnight X Theme. Slayer1.6
Carrier: Verizon

rossi636 is keeping up the good workrossi636 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Thanks rossi. We went through those steps with tech support (resetting the device) and it still didn't work.

I was with tech support for about 30mins and we tried that a couple of times

the numbers to press on your dial pad that the tech support is giving you is incorrect. atleast try that program msl grabber and when you call tech support again, give that number to them as your msid. they may know how to get your data support back after that. good luck again
Old 06-15-2009, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
I have used cooked roms on my older Ipaq, but not on my TP. Maybe when the warranty runs out. I have no reason to lie to get things fixed like a lot of you do when you mess your own phone up with a non oem rom.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So you mean to tell me, if you bought a brand new car and put an air breathing kit and a computer mod on it and blew the motor, would you expect the dealer to give you a new engine for free? Same thing with your phone. You put a non oem rom and mess the phone up, then you expect the provider to fix or replace it for free?
Old 06-15-2009, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

You flash to a non oem rom . You mess up your phone. Don't call in a claim or lie to cs or ts that the phone is messed up. You did it.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

For same strange reason, this fool sounds awful familliar!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepsamsung View Post
You flash to a non oem rom . You mess up your phone. Don't call in a claim or lie to cs or ts that the phone is messed up. You did it.
How many screen names do u have men?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:07 PM
brushrop03

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi636 View Post
the numbers to press on your dial pad that the tech support is giving you is incorrect. atleast try that program msl grabber and when you call tech support again, give that number to them as your msid. they may know how to get your data support back after that. good luck again
No, the numbers they have are the same as the msl grabber . I tried your method first. Then called in

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro