PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   What program is "Customization Tools" ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71720)

Walt 06-15-2009 12:57 PM

What program is "Customization Tools" ?

One of my friends just bought a Touch Pro, and wanted to install all same programs I have installed on mine.

So, I brought up the "Remove Programs" menu, which nicely lists all the installed programs, and went through that list with him.

However, there is one program listed that I have no recollection about. It is listed simply as "Customization Tools".

Does anyone know that this could be? :scratch:

BTW, it is not "JS Advanced Configuration Tool", and it is not the ".NET Configuration".

neudof 06-16-2009 05:54 AM

Re: What program is "Customization Tools" ?

Are you running a Stoc ROM or a Flashed Rom? Sounds like the customization that kicks off after you flash a rom.

dthurman 06-16-2009 06:55 AM

I have that also on my Stock Sprint TP, wondered the same thing, which app installed that along side it.

Walt 06-16-2009 07:08 AM

I have just the original stock VZW rom.

I went thru my collection of .cab files too, and can't find anything which appears to be a match up. I mean, I can associate all my .cab files with other installed programs in the removal list.

Biggzz 06-16-2009 08:08 AM

I have stock rom to and noticed the same thing in my remove programs. I have no idea what it is for but i have left it as to not mess anything up.

HBOOT 06-16-2009 09:10 AM

Could it be part of the iskinchanger for spb, i think that is what it is:scratch:

Big Redneck3100 06-16-2009 10:05 AM

It has something to do with the Weather Panel app and the fixes for it...I had the same thing after I installed Marsware Weather panel....It could have shown up when I installed spb ms3, but I didnt notice...either way, its associated with one of those two items...I removed it and I haven't had any adverse effects such as crashes or other wise....You can also use SK Tools and it will tell you what the installed programs are, whether they are on your start menu or not. Hope that helps bro

Big Redneck3100 06-16-2009 10:06 AM

Hang on...do you have a custom taskbar by any chance???

Walt 06-16-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_redneck3100 (Post 978006)
It has something to do with the Weather Panel app and the fixes for it...I had the same thing after I installed Marsware Weather panel....It could have shown up when I installed spb ms3, but I didnt notice...either way, its associated with one of those two items...I removed it and I haven't had any adverse effects such as crashes or other wise....You can also use SK Tools and it will tell you what the installed programs are, whether they are on your start menu or not. Hope that helps bro

I have Weather Bug Live installed, though it is listed separately in the Remove list.

DomSim 06-16-2009 11:46 AM

i have noticed this on many roms after a hard reset i believe neudof is correct that it is the cusomizations run by the rom itself during first boot.