PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak
Question Signal and Cooked ROMs

This is a general question. I've tried almost all the ROMs on this site, and with each one I have had this issue. When I go to access the Internet via ANY application, it seems to struggle, by that I mean the Icons that show connectivity do there animations and eventually the Ev turns to 1x, then I am usually able to get access to what I wanted. Now my Mogul never did this. I know I'm in a Great coverage area for Sprint on their EVDO Network (Inland Empire, So Cal).

So is this a ROM issue, perhaps with the icons just being misleading?? Or a Radio issue, I've tried both the ones here that are sprint as well as the Telus, and am now using the new verizon. All do the same thing. I know it's possible even Sprint made a change in my area, although I do a lot of traveling in my area and it is consistent no matter where I go. Speedtest suck for me too, I get like 180kbps, and on my mogul I use to get 1 - 1.5Mbps

Just wondering what you all think. BTW the two ROMS I like best and use are EnergyROM 3 and psyki 3.5, if that matters.

--Steve

Not sure if this helps, but is this good or bad??? (see attached)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phne.jpg (61.6 KB, 56 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by appzattak; 06-11-2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: more info
Old 06-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: Signal and Cooked ROMs

needs to be moved to touch pro forums

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 06-12-2009, 07:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro2

inkjammer is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Signal and Cooked ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
This is a general question. I've tried almost all the ROMs on this site, and with each one I have had this issue. When I go to access the Internet via ANY application, it seems to struggle, by that I mean the Icons that show connectivity do there animations and eventually the Ev turns to 1x, then I am usually able to get access to what I wanted. Now my Mogul never did this. I know I'm in a Great coverage area for Sprint on their EVDO Network (Inland Empire, So Cal).

So is this a ROM issue, perhaps with the icons just being misleading?? Or a Radio issue, I've tried both the ones here that are sprint as well as the Telus, and am now using the new verizon. All do the same thing. I know it's possible even Sprint made a change in my area, although I do a lot of traveling in my area and it is consistent no matter where I go. Speedtest suck for me too, I get like 180kbps, and on my mogul I use to get 1 - 1.5Mbps

Just wondering what you all think. BTW the two ROMS I like best and use are EnergyROM 3 and psyki 3.5, if that matters.

--Steve

I use SsS Rom V0119 and it is solid as can be I use my phone as a modem and did a speed test I get right at 2.2mbps down steady and about 180kbps up. I had trouble with my radio at 1st and did a prl update and I have not had a problem since. I was not aware that I was having trouble with the radio I just thought it was dropped calls till sprint nav. wouldn't work I called sprint tech support and they told me to do prl update at least 2 times a week cause they are doing a major engineering update in our area and also to take out battery for a couple minutes each morning to refresh my phone signal back to the towers. Don't know if this helps just relaying to you what I was told.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

please please only roms in here . questions outside of here.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Threadstarter

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
please please only roms in here . questions outside of here.
geez, relax..part of it is regarding a rom...but hey..I made a mistake..I'm human..guess you got nothing better to do than to be the strong arm of the law huh.....

mods please move and forgive me for placing in the wrong forum....
Old 06-12-2009, 09:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
geez, relax..part of it is regarding a rom...but hey..I made a mistake..I'm human..guess you got nothing better to do than to be the strong arm of the law huh.....

mods please move and forgive me for placing in the wrong forum....
hey dont worry about him...just try them all and see what suits your needs the best.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

-92dbm isn't great but it can also get quite a bit worse. In my apartment I get between -80 and -90, before switching to the Telus radio though it was -95 to -100, which is tragic.

On another note, I've used a ton of the ROMs around here and never observed a real change to my signal strength. Unless some wonky power management was cooked into the ROM, I can't see it being the cause.

Last edited by Rourke Swift; 06-12-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:

--Steve

What up Steve. Im in the IE (Inland Empire) as well and I am using the 1.11 etc Radio. I get strong signal all throughout the IE and it only switches to 1X when I am on the phone or sending a text. You might need to flash back to the standard rom (use the EXE one cause that will change your radio to the original) then flash the custom rom you want ( Hard Rest after) then switch to the radio I am using.

That might help you. If it does, hit the thanks button for me.

Tp
Old 06-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

when you say your phone struggles to use ev what kinda service do you have? because mine struggles sometimes but i have no bars at home. anywhere else its fine i think. ill actually lookout for this next time i am on the net on my phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro