PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 07:35 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone else have this issue?

Ok this is kind of weird. Its like when I plug the phone in to charge it doesn't start immediately, its like it pretty much starts charging whenever it wants to. And if im using the phone while its charging it'll periodically stop and start. Im not sure if this is a defect or what but considering the battery already sucks this is pretty damn annoying.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Does anyone else have this issue?

No, but I do have charging issues. For instance, at night I turn my phone off to charge. When I wake up it shows that it is fully charged (d-pad light completely lit), but when I turn on the phone, while it's still on the charger, it starts to charge again for another 40 mins or so..

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 06-27-2009, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mrsmdh is just getting started

It might be a short in your USB cable. Try switching USB cables and see if that works.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:53 PM
The EVO Guru
Threadstarter

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I tried two totally different charges and still the same thing. Im gonna take it to a store tomorrow
Old 06-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well if the phone is too hot from use, it's not going to charge.. Period. As far as using the phone and charging, it's definately going to stop charging at some point when the phone gets hot enough.. Crappy i know, but it's just how it is. Leaving the keyboard helps get rid of some of the heat and may help some.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Mine had delays in charging on occasion..it was very random when it would occur. Is the cable loose?
Old 06-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

Boredmug is dead on with the heat issue. Might want to pop the battery cover off when this happens and see how hot the inside of the device, and the battery feel.

I have a window holder for my car. Sitting in the sun while driving, I'm lucky if it charges for 20 minutes before it stops. Then I find myself holding it in front of the A/C for some cool down time.

Also experience same thing on the home charger if my phone has been in the belt holder too long and has gotten hot. Usually that only happens when I've had GPS or Bluetooth running and forgotten. That will get it good and smokey by the time I go to charge it back up.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

my holder for my car clips onto the ac vent.. So far it hasn't stopped charging with GPS and MP3's going with the ac cranking. The back of the phone is actually cool to the touch like that when it's charging and all that stuff going on. when it's tethered to my computer for internet and charging it doesn't last long at all. Talking and charging lasts a a little while.. Opening the Keyboard helps a lot.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:16 AM
The EVO Guru
Threadstarter

I figure the heat thing may be what it is... I just got it and have been using it pretty heavy so I put that to the test and while its cool it seems to charge just fine. It does get REALLY hot during heavy usage though... the battery life and this charging issue are my only complaints about the phone. Definitely a big upgrade from the touch still.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro