PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treowx
Carrier: sprint

derrickmd18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to derrickmd18 Send a message via Yahoo to derrickmd18
touch pro with bad keyboard

im getting a touch pro with a bad keyboard. wanted to know if i can get it activated on sprint and take it into a store the next day aand say the keyboard stopped working and get it repaired or replaced?. can i activate it with a bad keyboard? can i get it repaired or replaced the next day? whats the general time for you guys to get it repaired or replaced?
Old 06-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: touch pro with bad keyboard

well, it's a little shady what you're trying to do but i won't be the moral police. as far as i know, you'll be stuck with that faulty keyboard for at least 30 days from whenever you activate it because tep knows this trick. good luck soldier.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

its actually not they screwed me out of a lot of money. took money out of my account for txt messages and data usage when its free on my service. they took 300 out of my account when my service is 65 bucks then they wouldn't refund me only give me credit and wouldn't let me cancel my contact with out paying 250 bucks fee and they would pay my over draft fee. so yea i have no bad feeling doing it.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:35 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmd18 View Post
its actually not they screwed me out of a lot of money. took money out of my account for txt messages and data usage when its free on my service. they took 300 out of my account when my service is 65 bucks then they wouldn't refund me only give me credit and wouldn't let me cancel my contact with out paying 250 bucks fee and they would pay my over draft fee. so yea i have no bad feeling doing it.
Id just get it activated and sign up for the insurance, then wait 30 days or so then file a claim. But yes it is pretty shady.

Also I got 2 buddies with touch pros and unless their sitting down texting with both hands free the never use the hardware keyboard.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-13-2009, 05:36 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

You may feel justified in doing it, but it still
isn't right.

You will have to wait the 30 days...but you will
find that you don't need the hardware keyboard
much.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 06-13-2009, 06:10 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmd18 View Post
that's all fine and dandy but you do realize that the deducable went up because of stunts like this and now everyone has to suffer.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yea. taking the high road and kicking out 50 bucks extra for one with a working keyboard and all. but if it has ****ty battery life or anything im filing a claim and either getting a extra battery or *****ing until they get me in the tp2
Old 06-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

$100 is only for physical damage or water damage. As long as you take semi good care of your phone you will never need to pay $100.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cellboothmgr is becoming a great contributor

assuming you have sprint, you wont have to wait the 30days either if you find the right repair center. i worked for an indirect sprint dealer and our store was an authorized repair center. if you brought that phone to us and had TEP and there was no water damage or a smashed LCD we would get an advanced exchange ordered because we get paid on doing it. if we had an extra keyboard for it laying around we would have tried to fix it because we make more money doing that. if the first place doenst do it for you, just try the next one, there are probably several in your area just go to sprintdotcom and do a search for repair centers.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

Unless he magically has a touch pro that is over a year old and is not covered by warranty there is nothing wrong or immoral about this. Now if sprint changed their policy and forced all hardware issues during the first year thru htc than yea this might be wrong technically. But since they dont and the phone isnt a year old he doesnt need previous insurance or to be the original owner to get a new phone. If sprint asked for the original receipt to prove it wasnt stolen that would be fine but since the esn is good its obviously not stolen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro