PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Email on Mighty Rom 5

Ok so I am running the Mighty Rom 5 and I have noticed lately that when I delete an email off my device, it is also deleting it off my server!!! I need them to stay on my server. I have my device set-up as imap4 so the emails are supposed to stay on the server. Any ideas out there? This didn't happen with the stock rom, and if there is no fix, I may have to go back to stock...

TIA

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 06-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Email on Mighty Rom 5

if you don't want it to delete off the server you need to switch to POP email. On the stock ROM you must've selected POP while setting up your email. IMAP is created so that all clients are able to access and edit one consolidated source for emails. Meaning if you move stuff around on your phone, it'll reflect on the server. POP is only a one way stream, where it basically creates a copy of the message and haves you download it, not affecting the actual server. Some POP servers only allow you to download the messages once, after which it disappears from their end.

I run IMAP for the sole reason that I'm able to delete stuff and move emails between folders on my phone and have it reflect on my gmail online.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 06-15-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
if you don't want it to delete off the server you need to switch to POP email. On the stock ROM you must've selected POP while setting up your email. IMAP is created so that all clients are able to access and edit one consolidated source for emails. Meaning if you move stuff around on your phone, it'll reflect on the server. POP is only a one way stream, where it basically creates a copy of the message and haves you download it, not affecting the actual server. Some POP servers only allow you to download the messages once, after which it disappears from their end.

I run IMAP for the sole reason that I'm able to delete stuff and move emails between folders on my phone and have it reflect on my gmail online.

Really? I have been using Outlook, and my device for quite awhile, and they have always been Imap (on my device) and POP3 (on my PC with the advanced function-leave a copy on server- checked), this is how the tutorial showed to set it up if you wanted to leave a copy on the server.

Are you sure I need to select POP 3 on my device??? Sorry about double guessing you man, I dont mean to, I just need to be sure...
Old 06-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

subscribing to this thread
Old 06-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Really? I have been using Outlook, and my device for quite awhile, and they have always been Imap (on my device) and POP3 (on my PC with the advanced function-leave a copy on server- checked), this is how the tutorial showed to set it up if you wanted to leave a copy on the server.

Are you sure I need to select POP 3 on my device??? Sorry about double guessing you man, I dont mean to, I just need to be sure...
Gmail allows you to keep a copy on their servers if you download via POP3. IMAP is an active connection to the gmail server, where your actions on the client side affect the server. Maintaining a copy of an email on the server while deleting it on your device yet still maintaining an IMAP connection is not a function I am aware of, but perhaps someone can enlighten me.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Gmail allows you to keep a copy on their servers if you download via POP3. IMAP is an active connection to the gmail server, where your actions on the client side affect the server. Maintaining a copy of an email on the server while deleting it on your device yet still maintaining an IMAP connection is not a function I am aware of, but perhaps someone can enlighten me.

Well, again don't mean to second guess you, I have just always done it as Imap, but I am currently trying out your theory as we speak! =)
Old 06-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Well, again don't mean to second guess you, I have just always done it as Imap, but I am currently trying out your theory as we speak! =)
I'm sure you're aware of this already, but in gmail there's an option to reforward all previous emails while using POP. Otherwise it will only send mail that's new to your phone.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Ok, so I tried email as POP3 and I still have the same problem, it is deleting it off the server. I really think this is a Mighty ROm5 issue. I know that sounds weird, but that is the only thing I can think of...? I will flash back to 4R3born, and see if I get the same problems on a WM 6.1
Old 06-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Jedi Master

Make sure that in E-mail setup under Advanced Settings, you select something to the effect of "Keep on server" under the "When deleting messages" drop down. It's the advanced settings on the Automatic Send/Receive schedule tab.

I've used imap on gmail with MR 6.1 and always had my messages deleted off servers. In fact I probably would've been peeved if the messages didn't reflect what I did on my phone as that's the main reason I use imap. I don't normally use POP3, but I'm pretty sure I've seen people use that option while using the POP3 protocol.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Make sure that in E-mail setup under Advanced Settings, you select something to the effect of "Keep on server" under the "When deleting messages" drop down. It's the advanced settings on the Automatic Send/Receive schedule tab.

I've used imap on gmail with MR 6.1 and always had my messages deleted off servers. In fact I probably would've been peeved if the messages didn't reflect what I did on my phone as that's the main reason I use imap. I don't normally use POP3, but I'm pretty sure I've seen people use that option while using the POP3 protocol.
Ok I am trying that out now...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro