PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak
Question Update PRL & Update Profile - Error 1012

When I try and run either Update PRL or Update Profile, I always get this:
Quote:
the profile (PRL) update coudl not be completed. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Customer Service.

Error Code: 1012.
It's done this on every rom i've tried, currently using Energy 3. Anyone run across this?
Old 06-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ProtoProtoss is just getting started
Re: Update PRL & Update Profile - Error 1012

yep, every now and then. Just soft reset, then soon as it boots, go immediately to it and it should work. at least that's what fixes it for me.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rlmentz is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post

It's done this on every rom i've tried, currently using Energy 3. Anyone run across this?

Is your tp synced with the computer or on a wifi connection? I always get that error unless I let it use the sprint data network.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Threadstarter

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

always on the sprint network. I think I really hosed it now. I was poking around and under settings then connections, i found a update pri...so I clicked it and it did some stuff, then soft resetted. Now I cannot access data, I keep getting error 67 registration failure, user name and or password may be incorrect.....I even re-installed the dcd carrier cab to no avail...anyone?
Old 06-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

Quote:
always on the sprint network. I think I really hosed it now. I was poking around and under settings then connections, i found a update pri...so I clicked it and it did some stuff, then soft resetted. Now I cannot access data, I keep getting error 67 registration failure, user name and or password may be incorrect.....I even re-installed the dcd carrier cab to no avail...anyone?
Call sprint. If you have an old phone reactivate it and then tell them to reactivate you're touch pro. This should fix it for you. They have to reset some profile on thier end. It's such a ***** because no other trouble shooting they offer really works.

You may be able to use the online activation process as well. Try that first if you have an old phone lying around. Save you the hassle of Tech Support.
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 06-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

This has been a problem after the update PRI option is pressed. This also probably changed your MSL code, so if you call Sprint they will try to make you enter the MSL they have on file and it wont work. So get your MSL using BAFMSL, And follow these directions:

THIS IS FOR SPRINT Touch Pro's as far as i know...i have not tested this for any other carrier or phone so use at your own risk...

edit: tested on the touch diamond...confirmed working!

first things first dont click on the Update PRI Button under Settings>Connections

save yourself the trouble

but if you have this is the tested method to get you back and running...it does require a hard reset so make sure to backup your data first

use the software in this link. Make sure you have CF 3.5 first (shouldnt be a problem for people on custom roms i know Juicy and Mighty's ROMS have it cooked in)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43560 (needs CF 3.5)

install the program (and cf 3.5 if needed)

put your phone into airplane mode run the software. Write down your msl

go to your dialpad and type ##786#, click menu and select Reset. enter in the MSL...you will hard reset...

LET THE PHONE SELF PROGRAM!

confirm your net works...RESTART

if you need the ## codes that are reinstalled by using DCD carrier cab installed dcd carrier cab...RESTART... navigate to windows/PPST.exe and delete that file

RESTART..confirm your net still works...The option to update the pri is still there but pressing it will do nothing...

Test your ## codes by going back to your dialpad and either pressing ##786# or ##3282#

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64718

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro.

Rento_VW is just getting started

If Hard Reset is the definitive way to fix this... What are downsides to just leaving it as it is? I've had this problem for like a month now and just let it go... I can still access the internet and everything as long as my roaming is set to AUtomatic. However, its always been that way since my first TP.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

Actually for people having this issue if you know your Msl press ##786# enter your Msl as your code and then reset all of the settings, This resets all of the Data and voice settings, If you dont know it then you call me (Sprint) and get transferred to Tech, They can assist you with this. Tell them to refresh Sps, Oma and Chlr. This should fix them all.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro.

Rento_VW is just getting started

WHere would you enter your MSL and how does one obtain that again?

PS. Doesn'y hitting reset hard reset your phone? I remember a rep beinging me to that screen (and i;ve used it for build date info as well in the past)... But yeah I don't remember...
Old 06-30-2009, 10:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

SimianJones is just getting started

##786# isn't doing anything for me.

let me be more clear: I have had trouble getting internet services to work on my pro lately. I was running Mighty after i had a bug with Groove. Mighty was fine, but started failing to connect to the internet. I thought I would try another rom so I flashed Energy and still no internet. Currently on Energy, found this thread and got BAF to get my MSL. I have my MSL. I tried ##786# and the phone did nothing, acted like it was just another phone number. (I used to sell and set up Sprint phones, so I know that this code should shift the phone into another mode)

I am flashing back to the Stock ROM to see if I can resolve the internet connection issue.

If anyone has thought, I sure wouldn't mind. thanks.

Last edited by SimianJones; 06-30-2009 at 10:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro