PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

x-thumpr-x is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Telus Touch Pro

Hello everyone

Since Canada is new to the Touch Pro, I haven't been able to find much info on Telus's version, I thought I would post what my phone has.

Model No. RAPH800
ROM version: 1.03.661.0
ROM date: 10/14/08
Radio version: 1.07.01V
Protocol version 7500J-SDCBBPZM-6150
Hardware Ver. 0080
PRL ver. 08085
PRI ver. 1.57_010

I've had it a little over 24hrs and still playing with it. So far I can't see any programs for FM radio but I have a Radio Version loaded on it. I haven't been able to get Google Maps to hook up to any satellites. I've used the auto settings and manual settings. I would like to be able to lock the phone like my old touch, but that doesn't even work

Been looking at upgrades members have done to their sprint models but don't think it will work with telus, since I don't think we don't share alot of the features and programs.

On a positive note, the phone just survived it first fall, cat got to curious with it

Interested in this Rom flashing but need alot more knowledge of it before even attemping it. I like to build my own stuff, habit with my cars I guess

Any links to helpful topics would be appreciated and if anyone else is looking for other info on the Telus model of the Pro, I'll see what I can help you out with too.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Telus Touch Pro

First off... Welcome to PPC Geeks! A wealth of knowledge is at your fingertips... There is a discussion on whether the FM radio can be activated on the CDMA version of the Touch Pro... Telus has that version, along with Sprint and Verizon... If you unlock your phone, a lot of the tweaks should work on your Telus...

Here is the official Spec sheet for the Telus Touch Pro...

http://www.htc.com/us/product.aspx?id=75338

Here is a link for a lot of tweaks and tips on the Touch Pro..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

To unlock your TP, look at this link

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

This link has great advice on flashing your TP to a new ROM... You must have your phone unlocked before you can flash a custom ROM... You can find a lot of custom ROM's if you search the Touch Pro Upgrades forum...

If you look around this site, you will find a lot of info... If you have any questions, and you can't find answers for them in the forum, be happy to post them and we will try our best in answering them... I recommend you use the search function very willingly... You will find a lot of stuff that way... I hope this is a good base for you to start with...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Shine Plus (LG Ally)

TheSarge is a n00b

OK, So it's been a while since the original user posted, but I've also got a Telus HTC Touch pro. I just flashed MightyROM6_07.18.09_Herman to it and I can't find the FM Radio either. Any progress on this front or am I gonna have to go to egg the local Telus people continuously untill they pull their heads out of their collective asses and enable the FM Radio on these things? And by "egg" I mean throw rotten eggs at them. A lot.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

x-thumpr-x is a n00b

I'm still here, more browsing then posting. Been tempted to flash a new rom also. I want the FM radio too but alot of junk taken off. My big beef with the phone is after I hang up a call, I gotta wait at least 5 seconds before hitting any buttons. The screens freezes but still registers any taps to it.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

There is no fm radio for the CDMA Touch Pro guys.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Shine Plus (LG Ally)

TheSarge is a n00b

Sadly, it looks like mightymike is correct. It seems that HTC disabled the FM radio antenna and audio output I/O paths somehow.

If you want me, I'll be out in the street starting a riot.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Lurker

darius26 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSarge View Post
OK, So it's been a while since the original user posted, but I've also got a Telus HTC Touch pro. I just flashed MightyROM6_07.18.09_Herman to it and I can't find the FM Radio either. Any progress on this front or am I gonna have to go to egg the local Telus people continuously untill they pull their heads out of their collective asses and enable the FM Radio on these things? And by "egg" I mean throw rotten eggs at them. A lot.
any one still have the MightyMike ROM for HTC Touch Pro CDMA that would work on Telus? I know I'm a "bit" behind. But I just grew a pair to try it on my TP. Plus I have backup in case I brick it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro