PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

evilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to evilecho
Tethering with WMWifiRouter .91

I've seen a lot of people trying to get tethering to work. I was messing with mine last nite and came up with this. no regedit needed just install these two items and you are good to go

First install this ICS then install wmwifirouter

ICS will create an icon in programs, and it also replaces the current ICS installed just delete the extra icon and you are good to go

both which can be found here

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f...db6fb9a8902bda
[1x Sprint Touch Diamond][4x Sprint Touch Pro]
[1x Sprint Touch Pro 2]
Only phone ever paid for out of pocket... My first VM4500.....
Now I'm a Sprint Customer for Life!!!!!

Last edited by evilecho; 10-26-2008 at 12:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: Tethering with WMWifiRouter .91

the touch pro didnt come with ICS on it already?

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 10-26-2008, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

evilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
the touch pro didnt come with ICS on it already?
yes it did but that version doesn't seem to work with WMWifiRouter and some people seem to have problems with it just using it as a usb modem

Last edited by evilecho; 10-26-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Cool Re: Tethering with WMWifiRouter .91

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilecho View Post
yes it did but that version doesn't seem to work with WMWifiRouter and some people seem to have problems with it just using it as a usb modem
o ok. well i guess i need to download the one working i guess huh.

Last edited by TheRealHotshot; 10-26-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

Hey guys if you like and use wmwifirouter so much buy the app instead of sticking with the old version. Its a small cost and is very well worth it and gets rid of this stupid ICS mess that you have to deal with now. Also the useability has expanded a ton. Support the developers that make products like this possible or future products like this may not come into existance.

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Sifter is keeping up the good workSifter is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstainHellbring View Post
Hey guys if you like and use wmwifirouter so much buy the app instead of sticking with the old version. Its a small cost and is very well worth it and gets rid of this stupid ICS mess that you have to deal with now. Also the useability has expanded a ton. Support the developers that make products like this possible or future products like this may not come into existance.
I have a really hard time with bate n switch. Hey, lets create an app thats totally free intended for free use by the phone community, then when everyone starts using it and cant live without it start charging for it. Riiiight. There are a ton of other users that donate time and efforts on multiple other software for the phone community and they never take it commercial. They rely on donations. They get my money, corporate greed does not and will never get a dime of mine.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifter View Post
I have a really hard time with bate n switch. Hey, lets create an app thats totally free intended for free use by the phone community, then when everyone starts using it and cant live without it start charging for it. Riiiight. There are a ton of other users that donate time and efforts on multiple other software for the phone community and they never take it commercial. They rely on donations. They get my money, corporate greed does not and will never get a dime of mine.

Agreed i was a donator and had no problem doing so. i think i donated a lot to that app, and out of no where he took it commercial after the community has spent months and months helping out... if it ever going but to a donation system, ill be up for it but until then im fine with what i have
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilecho View Post
I've seen a lot of people trying to get tethering to work. I was messing with mine last nite and came up with this. no regedit needed just install these two items and you are good to go

First install this ICS then install wmwifirouter

ICS will create an icon in programs, and it also replaces the current ICS installed just delete the extra icon and you are good to go

both which can be found here

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f...db6fb9a8902bda
Works great on my diamond

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 10-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

i was thinking about buying the program once i get my touch pro.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

this is not exactly what happened in this case. the developer of WMwifirouter really caught the eye of the carriers and what this program could do (as in cripple the carriers own internet connection plans/costs) not to mention if one can use their phone as a high speed modem on a network that can cripple the networks total bandwidth in that area the user is using WMwifi router..

soo, chainfire had to back up and reinvent the program to please the carriers. and in order to do that he had to make it shareware. so although im not the spokesman for chainfire, i dont think this was his intention. ive bene with this app since v.02 and am now using 1.20 and its worth every penny. i understand if some feel cheated and dont want to ssupport the paid version, thats of course their right, but i just wanted to post a different side of the grain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifter View Post
This post has been thanked 6 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro