PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update PRL & Update Profile - Error 1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
For future reference, £hen you hit update Pri and it clears the MSL on you, you can get the new one using BafMsl, then go to the ##pri menu and click options, reset factory defaultss. This will fix the problem and restore your original MSL code. Happened to me before too.
Really? Wish i woulda known that, thanks. Whats weird though is that everything was gone. You know when you go to ##3282#, all the items there were blank. On the phone with sprint they tried giving me 3 msl numbers to try, and none worked. Even at the store, the tech said he never saw that happen before, and started gutting the phone for parts (saying it was unfixable) Not that what they say holds much weight, same tech said TP2 had twice the processor speed of TP1
dschoenike

Old 10-16-2009, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Really? Wish i woulda known that, thanks. Whats weird though is that everything was gone. You know when you go to ##3282#, all the items there were blank. On the phone with sprint they tried giving me 3 msl numbers to try, and none worked. Even at the store, the tech said he never saw that happen before, and started gutting the phone for parts (saying it was unfixable) Not that what they say holds much weight, same tech said TP2 had twice the processor speed of TP1
dschoenike
yea...there's a thread that's been floating around here for several months with people that did the pri update and their phone was JACKED UP...just like yours. And the fix was to do what hypnotic said. It was reported to only happen with people that had an old dcd carrier cab installed. That old carrier cab had the PRI from the Mogul, and when you did the PRI Update it would go bonkers.

EDIT: here the link to that thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64718

Last edited by razorloves; 10-16-2009 at 12:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
yea...there's a thread that's been floating around here for several months with people that did the pri update and their phone was JACKED UP...just like yours. And the fix was to do what hypnotic said. It was reported to only happen with people that had an old dcd carrier cab installed. That old carrier cab had the PRI from the Mogul, and when you did the PRI Update it would go bonkers.

EDIT: here the link to that thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64718
That was 100% my problem. dcd carrier cab!!! unreal. super big thanks for posting that info.
dschoenike
Old 10-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

jfoster38122 is a n00b

I had the same problem. Thanx zer0-1ne your suggestion worked !!!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro

mastahc411 is just getting started

The problem is the dcd Sprint carrier file dated 20090109. The update pri on that one changes your msl, and replaces your vision user id with the phone as modem id, among other things. I did this the first time and brought it to sprint and they replaced it. The night I got my new one I found the thread on how to fix it. I also saw the thread that sprint was replacing the tp with tp2. So Ive ran pri update and brought it back to sprint to get "repaired" three times now, but unfortunately, the tp1s are in stock. At least now I have a sure fire way to get a tp2 once the tp1 stock is depleted.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

revops is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas8946 View Post
This worked for me. Thanks for posting this!
Thanks, just switched from the GSM tp to Sprint's, its like a whole new monster but now my data is fixed.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/HTC Touch Pro 2/ Mogul
Carrier: Sprint/Metropcs

killac93 is a n00b

I have the same issue coming from GSM to Sprint. Care to share what you did to fix your issue.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JensHTC is a n00b
Smile Re: Update PRL & Update Profile - Error 1012

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this board. I read some of the posts regarding the PRL and Profile not updating with Sprint phones after a new custom rom was installed. I had the same problem a few days ago after I flashed my phone. I did everything to try to get the phone to update, nothing worked. I finally found a fix that nobody would even think of. I installed an application called PhonEx by Iconsoft. I rebooted the phone, bam, the updates worked. I was able to update the PRL and my Profile with no problems. I am not trying to sell the application. If you try it, you have a 14 day trial period. I think once the application has fixed the PRL and Profile Update issue, you can uninstall it. I decided to buy it but that is my own preference. I am not telling you what to do. All I know is it fixed my problem. Try it out and let me know if this helps you fix your phone. Best of luck...Jen Link - http://www.iconsoft.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HTCProII.jpg (310.6 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by JensHTC; 03-28-2010 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Attaching Screen Shot of my Phone
Old 05-21-2010, 05:14 PM
paddelingbear

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesty16277 View Post
Call sprint. If you have an old phone reactivate it and then tell them to reactivate you're touch pro. This should fix it for you. They have to reset some profile on thier end. It's such a ***** because no other trouble shooting they offer really works.

You may be able to use the online activation process as well. Try that first if you have an old phone lying around. Save you the hassle of Tech Support.
I can't thank you enough.=D>
I had my HTC SNAP S511 stolen while attending a foreign culture even at college. Because of this I had to call, restrict the phone. I used the insurance from Sprint to replace it. However, after activating online I got one error after another.

I wanted to fix it without having to call Sprint. I'm deaf and calling on a VCO(Voice Carry Over) is a pain because many of Sprint Tech Support is impaitent with me, don't have enough time to read what they are saying and before I can say anything I get hung up on.

Your so right about having to have Sprint re-set it on thier end. At least I got a nice person who was paitent. I'm on a data plan only, so the young lady had to call my phone to make sure its working.

I hope the person who stole my phone was thrilled with themselves since they couldn't make any out going calls.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

it used to work on other stock sprint rom phones, but no more. Might be in bad area, net speed is slow.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro