PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

straylight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing Roms- Activesync vs Bootloader mode

Ive noticed that some kitchens and ROMs only let me successfully flash if I sync to a computer first. Otherwise the newly flashed phone just sits at the title screen telling me the OS version number forever.

I can flash Mighty Mikes Roms by FORCING the phone in bootloader mode. But Boreds need me to sync my phone to a computer using activesync for success (Activesync itself puts the phone in Bootloader mode).

Has anyone else had this problem? I'll admit its pretty odd, and it might be my piece of hardware in particular. Has anyone come across a cause and or solution?

Last edited by straylight; 06-12-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Edited for Clarity
Old 06-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Flashing Roms- Activesync vs Bootloader mode

I've only ever used Stock and Mighty's ROMS. For both I've successfully flashed in bootloader only. This was necessary as I couldn't boot up the phone for the computer to correctly sync.

I always assumed that the ROM exes just forced the phone into bootloader anyway as that's the only time you can dump a new ROM as far as I know.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Flashing Roms- Activesync vs Bootloader mode

every kitchen i have used to make a rom had needed activesync but, even if you cant and can get to bootloader you can still flash. had to do that a couple of times due to a bad flash.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro