PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Hex
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Hex Send a message via AIM to Hex Send a message via MSN to Hex Send a message via Yahoo to Hex
Full/Compact QWERTY as default

Apologies if posted to the wrong forum... it can be moved as appropriate.

Issue: My default input randomly changed from Full QWERTY to Compact QWERTY. this sometimes happens at boot. Sometimes at inspecific app starts (Opera, PIE, SMS, Email). Searches on the matter always seem to point to SIPChange.cab as the solution with no further post. The problem is that SIPChange only works to set the default sip at start which is not always an issue. As stated.. it randomly occurs during use of differnent apps or orientations. Is there a reg fix or rom hotfix or EZInput update that remedies this issue?

any help would be appreciated...

INFO...
Sprint Touch Pro
MightyRom 4 (6-9-09 release)
MightyRom EZInput.cab
other apps irrelevant as this occurs from fresh flash (yes i hard reset every time I flash)

Thx...
Old 06-11-2009, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPro2

Briz600 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Full/Compact QWERTY as default

does this help at all

"HKLM/Software/HTC/ezsip/CurrentSIP"

= "0x00000a00" for Compact QWERTY
= "0x00000d00" for Full QWERTY
Old 06-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Hex
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Hex Send a message via AIM to Hex Send a message via MSN to Hex Send a message via Yahoo to Hex

I do not have the reg key...
Old 06-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

that might be for the diamond? you could add that regkey and see if that works?
Old 06-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Hex
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

no luck... i can actually watch the icon change from Full to Compact when closing the slider...

wierd eh?

btw... i tried using to Nue sliding keyboard app to set the SIP at close as well...

no diff...
Old 06-12-2009, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPro2

Briz600 is becoming a great contributor

Idk man thats odd .
Try installing the newest version of ezinput or reinstall one of these cabs from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=506846 then make the regedit.

Other then that man im fresh out of ideas
Old 06-14-2009, 04:00 AM
Hex
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

that is kinda what i am seeing... unfortunate i do not care for the newest ezinput layout... takes up a lot of screen.

i just noticed that this question had been asked but apparently not properly asked or really followed up on.

heres to hoping that some bigger brain can put some thought to this and find a fix

thanks again
Old 06-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

GideonMouth is just getting started

I was having the same issue with the stock ROM (haven't noticed it on Mighty4). I never found a fix but here is what I use as a workaround.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=45
It changes the SIP depending on whether the stylus is in or out (I like having block recognizer when stylus is out). I found it easier to reset my SIP by removing the stylus and putting it back in. It seems easier and faster than selecting it from the menu.
Thought it might help until someone can find a real solution...
Old 06-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Hex
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i used that as well.. still have and am tempted to load it again. I forgot why i took it out of my UC file... I think it was to check if it was the cause of the sip change. It was definately easier. maybe i will drop a line over at the NueBlog and see if the keyboard slider app can be modded as well. Maybe a delay in the sip change there could temporarily fix /band-aid this problem

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro