PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iphone5
Carrier: sprint

mrmet044 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
blackberry tour?

hello all. anyone have any opinions or thoughts in regards to the blackberry tour by sprint coming out soon. pros or cons. i currently have the touch pro and was wondering how the two stack up against each other. thanks all for your input
Old 07-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: blackberry tour?

Well first of all, you can't quite directly compare them. It's like compare a pear with an orange. Yes they are both fruits but they aren't just the same.

The OS is different, the market is different. BB is great at email, and good at other things but has somewhat limited functions on other ends such as multimedia and application supports. However big enterprises loves them because the direct email PUSH and security abilities. Just keep in mind that you are going to end up getting a new (and most likely more expensive) plan for BB devices due to their special requirements.

As for Windows Mobile-based devices, well... it's easier to compare in this case. A lot of applications and customizations, multimedia (video driver, HTC!!!!!!!111!11! one one one) and Exchange support (which is a plus for big enterprises as well).

It's just what I think personally. Bottom line. If email and security is critical for you, then BB might be a better choice. Otherwise, WM-based devices.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iphone5
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

mrmet044 is just getting started

thanks for your insight. so wait for the touch pro 2?
Old 07-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Different phones for different purposes. BB's are much more business oriented intended for connectivity. The Windows Mobile/Touch Pro is geared more towards a multimedia type phone.

BBs are also likely easier to use than Windows Mobile as their OS is much simpler than WM.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:13 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

And better battery life,louder speaker,and a better camera. I ordered one today. Not sure Ill keep it but this might hold me over until the tp2.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:59 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Interesting question...and timing. If you follow the Juicy ROMs closely you'll probably know he may be switching to a Tour. You may find some interesting feedback, all be it somewhat one side (nobody wants to see him go), in this thread but it's a huge thread that's related to his WM6.5 ROM, so you'll want to use the "Search this Thread" tool and search for "tour" to find the comments.

Hope this helps.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Heck, when I replace my TP's I want a bigger screen not a smaller one..............

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Elite Precision is keeping up the good workElite Precision is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Heck, when I replace my TP's I want a bigger screen not a smaller one..............

~John
Damn right, Touch Pro 2 is without a doubt my next phone. I cannot wait.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:02 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

i barley used a blackberry and i dont like them. i hate the internet on there. you scroll up with the BALL like 50 times when on my tp i have to pan up maybe 3 times
Old 07-13-2009, 02:53 AM
Lurker

Birdie is a n00b

It's something you have to get used too. Just like how you first got used to the touch screen. I personally think the BB Tour is an amazing phone with nice styling.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro