PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Activation code?? ##60#

Ok, i unlocked and setup a touch pro for cricket for a buddy of mine. He went to have it activated and they ended up calling me wanting some kind of code. The guys were asian and had a really BAD accent so i had trouble understanding them. They ended up saying they would call back if they needed help. Apparently another guy came into the store and said the code they needed was ##60# for sprint? Apparently they needed this to activate the phone on their network? Anyone know what this is?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Activation code?? ##60#

I've been with Sprint for a long time and don't ever recall putting in this code. Also, why would they call you?? And who is "They"...Cricket? Why would Cricket call you?? I'm just curious.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well i unlocked the phone. Changed the SPC to 000000. Cricket is a cheap phone service that offers unlimited everything for 50 dollars. They charge like 75 dollars to flash CDMA phones to their service since the phones they offer really suck. They called me because my friend told them that i had unlocked the phone. I guess the guys that were at the store at the time weren't very knowledgeable. I think what they were trying to tell me was that they need some kind of code besides the ESN to activate the phone on their Network.. I really don't know because i thought all they had to do was enter the ESN into their registry after i unlocked the phone and it would work. I used http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1507276 to do it all plus QPST to unlock the phone. I couldn't understand what the guys from cricket were saying because they had really harsh Asian accents on the phone and they got frustrated and told me they would call back if they needed help. Then they started telling my friend they didn't want to activate the phone and that he could take it to another location where they would flash it and activate for 75 dollars plus a 15 dollar activation fee.. I had already done all the unlocking/flashing so he told them no. Then another guy came back from the store that does the unlocking and told them to enter a code ##60#. This is just what my friend told me. They told me on the phone there is a special code for every carriers phones for activation. I've never heard anything about it.. sounds weird to me. i tried entering the code into the dialer but it doesn't do crap.. I'm just wondering if they were scamming or if there is actually something to it. Eventually they activated the phone and he brought it back to me where i entered the rest of the stuff into PST/EPST and was able to get the data connection to work. Only thing i haven't gotten to work is the Pic mail because my friend had to leave before i could.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Anyone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro