PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72
In Risk of being Banned for Speaking my mind, People here make no sense!

Okay, No offense to the chefs here on PPC Geeks. You guys are awesome, and I commend your work 100%. But there are comments here that make no sense. I notice Most of the ROMS now a days are now being published without MSVC. Which kinda sucks, which is why I went back to the stock ROM due to I need this feature. But I notice when anyone asks where to find a copy of MSVC, some holyier than thou person comes on and messages that WAREZ are not allowed on here and will not be discussed.

Hold up are you kidding me? So you are so scared of Microsoft doing something to you about MSVC because you call it a warez, because it is not legal due to the person downloading it, does not have a legal license to it. Yet, here are a couple of other softwares that are in a lot of roms that also require you to have a license for it, but that does not seem to matter.

Window Mobile 6.1 (yes you need an individual license for this)
Windows Mobile 6.5
Windows Mobile Office
SPB Mobile Shell (I have downloaded ROMS here where the registered version is cooked in, and if not, people post the keys here)
MusicID
Sprint TV
Sprint Navigation
TouchFlo Rhodium
TouchFLO HD

Just to name a few. Now I am sure some moderator here will close this thread as quick as possible and that I will probably be banned or get some hate email at the least, because my opinion is different than others, but shame on you.

ANY TIME you mod the phone with a different operating system than what originally came on the phone without express permission from the Cellular company that is branded on your phone, you are effectively installing warez on your computer. Not one person here is innocent (including myself) from downloading these "warez" on this site, but no body has complained about downloading. But let someone complain that they can't find something on this site that someone else thinks is stupid, they use their make believe power to slap their bible on the counter and shut the person down and tell them that they are doing something illegal. Face it. Everyone here that has downloaded ANYTHING without paying for it, other than Open Source Software has done so illegally. Like it or Lump it, thats what forums are all about.

So put your cyber bibles away and quit calling other people sinners in a matter of speaking by telling they are doing something illegal. "Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: In Risk of being Banned for Speaking my mind, People here make no sense!

uh-oh.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Honestly, who cares they are the rules of the site so it is what it is. Use google and torrents if necessary and you can find pretty much anything you need.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:38 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Good thing I don't spend much time here... Haven't ran across any of that.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

Was there a purpose to this post other than to gripe you aren't getting something cooked in that you want? Cook a ROM yourself!

I love how people just come here and take whatever, then when they are told they can't get something they start touting legallity.

When the Mods here are asked to remove software they do so. Then they make sure everyone knows that it's not allowed here. Why is this a problem for you?

Does that make enough sense?

EDIT: I hope the Mods DO delete this thread soon. No point in starting unecessary wars here, that's not what this site is about. Couldn't help myself from putting in my two cents though.

Last edited by veedubguru; 06-10-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
Honestly, who cares they are the rules of the site so it is what it is. Use google and torrents if necessary and you can find pretty much anything you need.
It wasn't me that they went off on. It was someone else. Its just the principle that they would go off on someone for something as stupid as MSVC, but condone the ROMS with WM 6.5, and WM 6.1 when the people downloading them didn't pay for the license to use that copy of WM. Not that I am complaining about the ROMS. I love em. I have downloaded about every single one of them. I just think some people have their priorities in the wrong place.

Personally, I could care less about copyrights. They steal from us, I say steal Back LOL. If you don't think Microsoft steals from you, go look at some of the prices of some of their software and tell me they aint rippin ya off LOL
Old 06-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Wow! Who pissed in your Cheerios?
Sounds like your just mad or jealous that you didn't get what you wanted. Welcome to Life! People do a lot of things if they think they can get away with it. You shouldn't get so upset when you can't get your way. Chill
Old 06-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
with WM 6.5, and WM 6.1 when the people downloading them didn't pay for the license to use that copy of WM.
Windows Mobile isn't really like standard Windows for a PC. It's quite a bit different where copyrights are concerned. Mostly because you can't go BUY an installation CD for Windows Mobile, so Microsoft stands nothing to gain. You can't get WinMo on a device that wasn't already running it anyway.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:49 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Let's calm down people. The software you require can easily be found using Google. The site does not want to run into legal problems. Just Google and get it off a site with servers in Switzerland.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
Let's calm down people. The software you require can easily be found using Google. The site does not want to run into legal problems. Just Google and get it off a site with servers in Switzerland.
+1 hibby
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro