PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

JoJoCal19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it possible to FULLY DELETE Touchflo 3D from a stock ROM?

I am wondering if its possible through registry hacking or some other backdoor way (other than using a kitchen) to fully delete Touchflo 3D from a stock ROM, Verizon specifically but any stock ROM really?

You cant use remove programs to remove it so Im wondering if there is another way.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72
Re: Is it possible to FULLY DELETE Touchflo 3D from a stock ROM?

anything is possible thru total commander and deleting manila files, but your phone may not work properly afterwards. I would think it would be easier to download a ROM without Touchflo, or just uncheck TouchFLo all together so that you use regular WM
Old 06-10-2009, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Why not just go to items and uncheck it?
Old 06-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
I am wondering if its possible through registry hacking or some other backdoor way (other than using a kitchen) to fully delete Touchflo 3D from a stock ROM, Verizon specifically but any stock ROM really?

You cant use remove programs to remove it so Im wondering if there is another way.
i guess its possible, but technically it would take you forever and it would be pretty impossible to complete without messing up, but anything is possible. The only true way to do what you are trying to do is by building your own rom.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

JoJoCal19 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepsamsung View Post
Why not just go to items and uncheck it?
Not disable, delete. I already uncheck it because I like Today Screen. I just want to delete it and free up memory.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Just find and delete all associated files from the windows folder and then remove the registry entry so it no longer shows up in your today screen options. I don't know if this will completely remove EVERYTHING, but its should free up some memory. be sure to back up before attempting this though just in case you botch something up.

Quick question though, the TP has plenty of storage memory why the desire to delete it? I have a Diamond also which is severely lacking on memory and saving memory is a concern, but with the TP there is so much that I dont even bother. That's me anyways.

BTW, if its unchecked from the today screen, it won't use program memory if that is where you are trying to conserve...
Old 06-10-2009, 07:04 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

if you delete rom files, won't they just reappear when you restart the device? thats what i did when i messed up a few files while customizing it before i switched to 6.5.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Just find and delete all associated files from the windows folder and then remove the registry entry so it no longer shows up in your today screen options. I don't know if this will completely remove EVERYTHING, but its should free up some memory. be sure to back up before attempting this though just in case you botch something up.

Quick question though, the TP has plenty of storage memory why the desire to delete it? I have a Diamond also which is severely lacking on memory and saving memory is a concern, but with the TP there is so much that I dont even bother. That's me anyways.

BTW, if its unchecked from the today screen, it won't use program memory if that is where you are trying to conserve...
i know one problem by having tf3d installed, it takes forever to open up the windows file. you click it, then wait awhile for the window to open up, i run 6.5 with no tf3d and when i click windows it opens almost instantly.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
if you delete rom files, won't they just reappear when you restart the device? thats what i did when i messed up a few files while customizing it before i switched to 6.5.
Good point, I guess I overlooked that aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
i know one problem by having tf3d installed, it takes forever to open up the windows file. you click it, then wait awhile for the window to open up, i run 6.5 with no tf3d and when i click windows it opens almost instantly.
True. I wonder why HTC didn't install all the manila files to its own folder in the windows directory.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro