PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Steelmesh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will going from no signal to signal turn on the screen?

Touch Pro Sprint

I think this question is too specific that I may not find the answers via search (I tried). I was at my parents house in the country, and my phone kept turning itself on constantly. I now realize this maybe due to the fact that the coverage is a little shakey out there, so i'm sure it bounces in and out of signal.

Does somebody know where to disable this in the HLM so my phone wont turn the screen on when its going in and out of signal?
Old 06-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Will going from no signal to signal turn on the screen?

I think I've read around here that either the signal dropping and picking up, or going from Ev to 1x will turn the screen on I don't remember which one, or if it's both.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: herman <- titan <- apache
Carrier: cricket

krielys is just getting started
Question Re: Will going from no signal to signal turn on the screen?

weird. my antenna is shot, so i constantly go in and out of service.. but i dont have this problem.

have you gone into sound & notifications and disabled all notification types ? sound, flash lights, anything will turn the screen on for some reason. turn them all off.

if that doesnt work, maybe try using BlackMe or shutXP to keep screen turned off ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmesh View Post
Touch Pro Sprint

I think this question is too specific that I may not find the answers via search (I tried). I was at my parents house in the country, and my phone kept turning itself on constantly. I now realize this maybe due to the fact that the coverage is a little shakey out there, so i'm sure it bounces in and out of signal.

Does somebody know where to disable this in the HLM so my phone wont turn the screen on when its going in and out of signal?
Old 06-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

WM unnecessarily wakes itself up constantly. It wakes it self up to check mail, and I've even had it wake up just to tell me the battery was going to die. WM needs a serious revamp of the OS, WM7 needs to come out very soon.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:30 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
WM unnecessarily wakes itself up constantly. It wakes it self up to check mail, and I've even had it wake up just to tell me the battery was going to die. WM needs a serious revamp of the OS, WM7 needs to come out very soon.
it is supposed to do that,,its part of the notification.

neways...
it is a radio issue.

ive had the problem before..i flashed to a different radio and then back, and havent had the problem again, as of yet.

on the same note, it can wake itself up if you havent had signal for a while and one of the automatic checks does start (weather, email, etc) then it will wake up the screen...you said you were in the country..are you "roaming"? if so, switching back to EV might wake it up...but ive never seen that issue myself

Help Me Help You
Old 06-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

Actually have noticed when I'm visiting family, who is on the edge of coverage area for Sprint that ANYTIME you switch to roaming, the screen lights up.

Might want to leave it on the main screen when you put it to sleep so you can see if that roaming triangle is there for a brief moment. To stop this behavior, if you are in a known good coverage area, set the phone to "Network only", or "Sprint only" as this will stop it from happening.

Just don't forget to switch roaming back on if you are going somewhere you might have patchy coverage.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro