PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
universal battery charger found

I stopped into a radio shack while on a biz trip in AZ to see about a charger. Found a helpful little stand alone charger that works for our touch pro batteries as well as other devices... cameras etc. Has two spring mounted prongs that auto sense polarity and slide to whatever size spacing you will likely need. It was about 39 bucks. Granted it's not a drop-it-in-on-the-run as you have to pull back the spring clamp, set the prongs and while looking at the contacts roll the battery upright release the clamp and look for the green light blinking to know it's set correctly. Works well though.

With the few extra batteries I have collected...mostly for free after reading about them offering them at sprint stores I have a pretty solid rotation of juice on the go...always at least one extra in my wallet. FYI...They also had a great deal on the 16 gig micro sd for like 56 bucks as well when best buy was still at 99 for the same card.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: universal battery charger found

Wow, nobody cares? Oh well , I still thought a have-it-now (local retail) external battery charger was a good find along with the cheap price for a 16gig sd card.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

well considering the blackberry's charger works for the tp i've never had any issue with kepping my battery charged..not to mention silence 9 rom will last 2 days... so i've never had the need for an extra battery...now the sd card is a good find except youve been able to get them on ebay for that price for a good while now.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Did you buy a blackberry charger or just had one laying around? In any case good to know. Also the ebay price is cool but when I want to get something that I may need, I usually don't want to have to order it and then wait for it to arrive in the mail if I can just run out to a store to get it now if possible at a reasonable price.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsp48 View Post
Did you buy a blackberry charger or just had one laying around? In any case good to know. Also the ebay price is cool but when I want to get something that I may need, I usually don't want to have to order it and then wait for it to arrive in the mail if I can just run out to a store to get it now if possible at a reasonable price.
Most Blackberry chargers will work, most of the motorola ones, and the PS3 wireless controller chargers will work as well
Old 06-09-2009, 11:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

slag02 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor View Post
Most Blackberry chargers will work, most of the motorola ones, and the PS3 wireless controller chargers will work as well
Walmart had a USB Charger for the Razor for $14.99 I Think
Ebay much cheaper
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsp48 View Post

no every 1 I know has a blackberry including my girlfriend..grabbed her charger by mistake and it worked... if you buy aftermarket chargers car/home for your tp you'll get a mini usb charger which seems universal for most things like phones/psp/most any thing you hook to a computer lol...but the tp official connection wont work on theres :-p
Old 06-09-2009, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

last i knew any mini USB charger will work. im using the charger from my K1m Krazr in the truck, a USB-miniUSB from a 6700 and my sony phone to sync and charge from the laptop and the wall charger from my 6800 and the one that came with the phone in the house.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

warstoke is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to warstoke Send a message via Yahoo to warstoke

im charging mine right now off my ps3 found out i could do that while playing some ninja gaiden lol
Old 06-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

mindcrime11 is just getting started

Thanks op

So this charges the just battery by itself? Good find!

I've got plenty of blackberry, motorola, etc mini usb chargers lying around and they obviously dont charge just the battery. But this is exactly what i need to charge just the battery by itself.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro