PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
WM 6.5 Build Differences

Ive been looking to try out WM 6.5 again (Im currently running DCD's .96 Beta ROM and love the EXTREME SPEED) but there are so many different build versions and im not sure which one is the best? Is there any 6.5 ROM that can compete with the DCD beta ROM that I am currently running in both stability and speed? The last time i tried a 6.5 ROM was Mighty5 (5.8.09 build) and I loved the ROM - stable and lots of customization and features - but after trying out DCD's it totally blew the speed of Mighty5 away and they are both quite stable (is the new 6.9.09 build of Mighty5 any better?). So basically I would like to know if any of the newer 6.5 ROMS have increased the speed of the OS as I really like the features included in 6.5 but I do not think I can trade the amazing speed of DCD's ROM for anything unless it is at least somewhat competitive with the speed and stability. I was hoping the new builds of 6.5 may have improved in the speed department.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: WM 6.5 Build Differences

I believe that DCD now has a 6.5 Titanium ROM, I hear it is fantastic!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

I'm on DCD's 1.02 6.5 ROM and it's great! Also check out JD's 6.5 ROM, i'd rank it right up there with DCD!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Best one here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3799320
Old 06-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

I personally like Juicy 8. TF3D2, Tachi dialer, latest WM6.5 build, latest build of most stock software, and it's fast + stable.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:59 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

I assume that you're actually talking about sys builds, and not specific roms like everyone else is talking about there.

In my experience (I've build roms with every 6.5 sys to date), the newest sys is always best.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I assume that you're actually talking about sys builds, and not specific roms like everyone else is talking about there.

In my experience (I've build roms with every 6.5 sys to date), the newest sys is always best.
yea i was kinda just referring to the system builds in general if they make much of a difference in speed. I think ill try the new Juicy 8 since its seems to have the latest build and alot of new software.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm sure you will end up staying with this rom when it's all said and done. It's not hard to find, it's in the CDMA Touch Pro Upgrade section. Go take a look.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
I'm sure you will end up staying with this rom when it's all said and done. It's not hard to find, it's in the CDMA Touch Pro Upgrade section. Go take a look.
I'm a nfsfan fan,
he messes with the drivers/dll's and optimizes them.
His rom is still a newborn basically though.
But he's already done tons to it.
He had made my vogue (6900) like a new phone when I had it.
His roms are handsdown my favorite and will always be!
Old 06-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Ive been reading nfsfans rom has sum bugs tho, i read thru the post at XDA and while it sounds good im trying to find a minimal bug rom. I was going to try Juicy 8 as im currently running juicy 7 but it also seems that its very buggy, im waiting for DCD to realease 1.06 so that I can have working youtube.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro