PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

WarzonePR is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
username change on phone and now no connection

Hi,

I got a problem and is that for some reason after installing Voip programs I see that my username on my device information is different that the one it should be. This is making the phone not connect to sprint.

Is theres a way to fix this?

I have tried changing to different roms and right now i have installed the stock sprint rom to see if would of went back to normal, but the wrong username is still there.

Will apreciate the help
Old 06-07-2009, 02:08 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: username change on phone and now no connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarzonePR View Post
Hi,

I got a problem and is that for some reason after installing Voip programs I see that my username on my device information is different that the one it should be. This is making the phone not connect to sprint.

Is theres a way to fix this?

I have tried changing to different roms and right now i have installed the stock sprint rom to see if would of went back to normal, but the wrong username is still there.

Will apreciate the help
You will have to do it in your EPST settings. I would call Sprint, and have them walk you trough it.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

WarzonePR is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
You will have to do it in your EPST settings. I would call Sprint, and have them walk you trough it.

Well i have already did this a couple of minutes ago and it did change the username after a couple of tries, but im getting now a error message and for some reason im trying to put the connection information the #777, etc. but it wont save either. Also im not getting calls and i can not make them. i can call the voicemail with no problems.

Please any help would be apreciated
Old 06-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

WarzonePR is a n00b

Checking more into the phone it seems that i havent been able to get in the sprint network for some reason. do you guys now a way to fix this problem, i have tried reactivating from the internet , but nothing.

thanks in advance
Old 06-07-2009, 03:01 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

have you tried "update profile" in settings?
otherwise the "clear storage" is a hard-reset including pst info
Old 06-07-2009, 03:47 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

WarzonePR is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
have you tried "update profile" in settings?
otherwise the "clear storage" is a hard-reset including pst info
well i can make call but i can not receive. Little by little im getting there.

I have tried the update, but gives me error 1012.

I just tried the clear storage like you said and did update profile and it gives me the same error. it starts searching for data and then the antena signal and the data signal goes x.

hopefully some one had this problem before and can help
Old 06-07-2009, 04:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

josh90265 is a n00b

Whats up,

Yea, I'm having the same problem. I recently put some carrier cabs on my Pro and ran the update PRI (bad idea). I had an expert on here walk me through every single thing you could do to fix it. Same result everytime, error 1012 and the can't connect pop-up. I lost the ability to call, got it back, but still cannot go online. I called Sprint today, they walked me through the SAME steps. In the end, they told me I had TWO(2) CHOICES:

1. Either get a new phone in the mail (-->Insurance finally is being used glad i have it) Have to wait a couple days, then send the old one.

OR

2. Go to a Sprint Repair Center and have them check out the phone. If they have any in stock, then I can simply swap out (yay!) which I'm doing tomorrow.

If you have a custom ROM, now is the time to revert to a shipped stock ROM, Lock the device, AND be sure to save your contacts and any other important data to your memory card. PIM Backup is Great for contacts, tasks, schedule, etc.

Yea, so i think that's the wrap-up right there. Lemme know if you got any questions.

Good luck man!
Old 06-07-2009, 04:28 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

see this thread.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64718

do NOT install carrier cabs designed for Sprint Mogul on the Sprint Touch Pro!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 05:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
see this thread.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64718

do NOT install carrier cabs designed for Sprint Mogul on the Sprint Touch Pro!!!!!!
It's ok to install it. Yes, it's was created for the mogul for the dcd rom, but those carrier cabs are famous and have been used on several different kinds of windows mobile phones on several different custom roms with great success. It works perfectly fine. You just don't want to run update PRI option.

Last edited by razorloves; 06-07-2009 at 05:18 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:19 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

This thread will also help you -- look at post 14.

Basically your msl has been changed because you did pri update. You need to figure out what ot was changed to through a reg hack, then reset your epst settings, then you can restore all epst settings back. You still may need to call sprint to get all the correct info.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro