PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 04:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: your face
Carrier: yourface.com

dethcom4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touchflo scrolling sensitivity

Anyone have experience tweaking this so it's a lot less sensitive/slower? I've messed around with the values using advanced config, but can't get anything to work.

For instance, when scrolling through my contacts, if I lightly flick my finger over the screen, it shoots down from the top all the way to the bottom of my contact list. I'd rather have it act like windows 6.5 without touchflo and only go down about 5 or so contacts.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100
Re: Touchflo scrolling sensitivity

bro, thats why I got rid of touch flo and I switched to Mobile Shell 3. I think the interface is soooooooo much better and smoother than the touchflo...more like touchNO lol. Anyway, let me know if you may be interested in it bro Hope this helps!!!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66642 heres a link to the post for some info on SPB MS 3
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:54 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

dethcom4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_redneck3100 View Post
bro, thats why I got rid of touch flo and I switched to Mobile Shell 3. I think the interface is soooooooo much better and smoother than the touchflo...more like touchNO lol. Anyway, let me know if you may be interested in it bro Hope this helps!!!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66642 heres a link to the post for some info on SPB MS 3
I'm not looking to get rid of touchflo 3d. I don't want to confuse touchflo with touchflo 3d. touchflo is the scrolling interface and touchflo 3d would be the UI similiar to SPB MS 3. I'm guessing if you have touchflo installed even with SPB mobile shell, any windows UIs would still be affected by touchflo
Old 06-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My bad, I didnt clarify, I do have touchflo 3d, but I disabled it in favor of MS3....I did see something in the registry tweaks about the touchflo 3d scrolling, gimme one min bro to find it for you
Old 06-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69185

Ok, heres the thread with a very complete list of registry tweaks and such for all aspects of your phone bro. I hope this helps you!!!!!!!!!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:10 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

dethcom4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_redneck3100 View Post
My bad, I didnt clarify, I do have touchflo 3d, but I disabled it in favor of MS3....I did see something in the registry tweaks about the touchflo 3d scrolling, gimme one min bro to find it for you
Haha, no need to apologize man, and I appreciate our help. I think you're still getting touchflo and touchflo3d confused. touchflo and touchflo 3d are to separate things.

touchflo = underlying touch interface for windows (this is what attempts to make windows mobile finger friendly but fails miserably. Windows mobile 6.5 has a new physic engine that is finger friendly without touchflo required. I think it's called physiqs or something)

touchflo 3d = user interface with nice buttons/tabs (think today screen)

It's actually probably HTC's fault for naming the two things so closely.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:15 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

dethcom4 is a n00b

These are the settings for touchflo in advanced config:

Scrolling
Cube
Sound
Pressure Threshold
Finger Pressure
High Scrolling Speed
Low Scrolling Speed

In the registry:
HKLM\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings

APVibrationOn
EnableCube
EnableScroll
EnableSound
FingerPressure
PageHigh
PageLow
PanType
SpeedHigh
SpeedLow

I've been messing with the finger pressure, pressure threshold, page, and speed settings with no luck. The options in Advanced Config match up with the registry entries I've pointed out.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

No, I understand what your talkin about bro...the touchlflo 3d is the interface shell, like ms3. your talking about adjusting the graphic fluidity of the movement and scrolling of the pages/animations and speed of scrolling...I understand exactly what you mean, and there were several registry tweaks involving a few of these. i use diamond config myself and it includes some tweaks for the graphic fluidity(smoothness) of the movements of the touchflo 3d interface.

Dethcom4, it seems that you have to make like DRASTIC changes to the values to see a result lol...I played with that a while and gave up on TF3D

Last edited by Big Redneck3100; 06-06-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja

i got rid of the stock rom and put a different rom that doesnt have touchflo on it at all.
but then again its a 6.5 rom (silence).

im sure you could try to install an older version of touchflo and see if that helps. i also hated the new touchflo's scrolling speeds which is why i got rid of the stock rom in favor of wm6.5 which has built in finger scrolling.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro