PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ghostyroasty is keeping up the good workghostyroasty is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To Pre or not to Pre?

I'm stuck here. I was pondering making the switch to the Pre today since we got a bonus... BUT I got to thinking about the apps I like such as WMwifirouter and... well... you know just being able to customize wm to how I want.

I do love the interface that I've seen with the Pre though, and was curious to if the os is open to hacking or modding like we do on wm. Could there be a wmwifirouter like program for it?

PSN: ghostyroasty
Xbox Live: ghostyroasty
Old 06-05-2009, 05:45 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Re: To Pre or not to Pre?

first i think this is off topic...

but i have no idea bout the pre...hey, you got 30 days to test it...by that time the tp2 should be out...anyways...there is some "hacking" you can do, but not nearly as much as with WM

and as far as interfaces go....check out Mobile Shell 3....more than you could ever ask for in an interface

Help Me Help You
Old 06-05-2009, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ghostyroasty is keeping up the good workghostyroasty is keeping up the good work

I used it for a while... And I probably should have added this in to the original, but I was also considering the TP2 as my upgrade of choice because of it having both cdma and gsm radios... but I am not sure how that will play out here in the states... If we can use both gsm and cdma here. I had read a while back the the gsm could possibly only be for overseas use?
Old 06-05-2009, 06:02 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyroasty View Post
I used it for a while... And I probably should have added this in to the original, but I was also considering the TP2 as my upgrade of choice because of it having both cdma and gsm radios... but I am not sure how that will play out here in the states... If we can use both gsm and cdma here. I had read a while back the the gsm could possibly only be for overseas use?
yea, the gsm is for the business travelers that go overseas...i personally wish they would release a dual radio version and a cdma version, simply because im sure the gsm is taking away from some other stuff that could be improved (video drivers)..but we know that will never happen...but one can dream...
ive toyed with a pre a little bit...i dont know...im too used to large brick like phones for it to be comfortable...the qwerty is too small for my liking...but i digress
Old 06-05-2009, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'll probably make my journey to the sprint store in the morning, try the pre for myself, and end up keeping my tp until maybe a tegra powered phone makes its way out.. lolz
Old 06-05-2009, 06:22 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am will not be changing. It requires a simply everything plan and i have a sweet plan and will not change. Plus i like the flexibility of the pro.

Hit the Thanks!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

Zombie Scott is becoming a great contributor

I checked out most of the YouTube videos and it does look sweet. How about that, a Pandora application...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJaGF3MCo5k

Last edited by Zombie Scott; 06-05-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: i am stupid
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

I am sticking to my TP until it DIES!!!!! I frickin love this phone, and the TP2 doesn't offer enough for me to switch...? Why spend needless money?

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyroasty View Post
and end up keeping my tp until maybe a tegra powered phone makes its way out.. lolz
I am sooo sold on the Tegra powered phones after watching a few videos, I'm with you on this one
Old 06-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
I am sticking to my TP until it DIES!!!!! I frickin love this phone, and the TP2 doesn't offer enough for me to switch...? Why spend needless money?
I totally agree. Im stickin with it until it dies, or until sprint releases a tegra powered device, like ghostyroasy said.
dschoenike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro