PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   To Pre or not to Pre? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70750)

ghostyroasty 06-05-2009 05:41 PM

To Pre or not to Pre?

I'm stuck here. I was pondering making the switch to the Pre today since we got a bonus... BUT I got to thinking about the apps I like such as WMwifirouter and... well... you know just being able to customize wm to how I want.

I do love the interface that I've seen with the Pre though, and was curious to if the os is open to hacking or modding like we do on wm. Could there be a wmwifirouter like program for it?

piranah 06-05-2009 05:45 PM

Re: To Pre or not to Pre?

first i think this is off topic...

but i have no idea bout the pre...hey, you got 30 days to test it...by that time the tp2 should be out...anyways...there is some "hacking" you can do, but not nearly as much as with WM

and as far as interfaces go....check out Mobile Shell 3....more than you could ever ask for in an interface

ghostyroasty 06-05-2009 05:51 PM

I used it for a while... And I probably should have added this in to the original, but I was also considering the TP2 as my upgrade of choice because of it having both cdma and gsm radios... but I am not sure how that will play out here in the states... If we can use both gsm and cdma here. I had read a while back the the gsm could possibly only be for overseas use?

piranah 06-05-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostyroasty (Post 957226)
I used it for a while... And I probably should have added this in to the original, but I was also considering the TP2 as my upgrade of choice because of it having both cdma and gsm radios... but I am not sure how that will play out here in the states... If we can use both gsm and cdma here. I had read a while back the the gsm could possibly only be for overseas use?

yea, the gsm is for the business travelers that go overseas...i personally wish they would release a dual radio version and a cdma version, simply because im sure the gsm is taking away from some other stuff that could be improved (video drivers)..but we know that will never happen...but one can dream...
ive toyed with a pre a little bit...i dont know...im too used to large brick like phones for it to be comfortable...the qwerty is too small for my liking...but i digress

ghostyroasty 06-05-2009 06:07 PM

I'll probably make my journey to the sprint store in the morning, try the pre for myself, and end up keeping my tp until maybe a tegra powered phone makes its way out.. lolz

Biggzz 06-05-2009 06:22 PM

I am will not be changing. It requires a simply everything plan and i have a sweet plan and will not change. Plus i like the flexibility of the pro.

Hit the Thanks!

Zombie Scott 06-05-2009 06:47 PM

I checked out most of the YouTube videos and it does look sweet. How about that, a Pandora application...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJaGF3MCo5k

heydjbobby74 06-05-2009 06:59 PM

I am sticking to my TP until it DIES!!!!! I frickin love this phone, and the TP2 doesn't offer enough for me to switch...? Why spend needless money?

Carla 06-05-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostyroasty (Post 957254)
and end up keeping my tp until maybe a tegra powered phone makes its way out.. lolz

I am sooo sold on the Tegra powered phones after watching a few videos, I'm with you on this one :)

dschoenike 06-05-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 (Post 957354)
I am sticking to my TP until it DIES!!!!! I frickin love this phone, and the TP2 doesn't offer enough for me to switch...? Why spend needless money?

I totally agree. Im stickin with it until it dies, or until sprint releases a tegra powered device, like ghostyroasy said.
dschoenike