PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 03:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Slowing Down

I feel like my touch pro is slowing down and just become sluggish.
Hard resetted, same.
Switch to an earlier rom, same.

Thoughts?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Random Phones>>Treo 800w>>Touch Pro>>Touch Pro 2
Old 06-05-2009, 04:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

wizdumb is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wizdumb
Re: Slowing Down

Well, I think its expected especially if you surf with data/wifi a lot and have a lot of programs installed/services running in the background. Best thing to do (which im sure you already know of) are common things like cleaning ram/registry/cookies/etc. Or maybe its just you thinking its slowing down? What roms have you tried? You might want to try a barebone rom if you haven't already

Current rom: Silence X Lite Rom 6.1 Base
Radio: Telus Radio 1.04.05V
Old 06-05-2009, 04:31 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

http://www.dinarsoft.com/ if you dont use memmaid, try the trial.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well there's nothing really running in the background.
it's been fine and mostly fast for days. all of asudden it takes forever to type a message. i'll hit the characters and it'll lock up temporarly. sometimes the characters appear, sometimes they don't.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was about to ask if its only your keyboard that's experiencing this lagging problem. The keyboard seems to be really easily damaged, and when it's damaged and the data ribbon is loose or whatever, it tends to lag while typing. Eventually this lag becomes dropped letters and will start freezing until you hit the space key really hard. With more use of the keyboard even pressing the space key with all your force only gets the keys sent through only 50% of the time. I had to get my TP replaced because of this problem.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
I was about to ask if its only your keyboard that's experiencing this lagging problem. The keyboard seems to be really easily damaged, and when it's damaged and the data ribbon is loose or whatever, it tends to lag while typing. Eventually this lag becomes dropped letters and will start freezing until you hit the space key really hard. With more use of the keyboard even pressing the space key with all your force only gets the keys sent through only 50% of the time. I had to get my TP replaced because of this problem.

idk. it goes in phases. fine for a miunte, then everything is slow. back to fine again. then slow.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
the issue does sound similar.
did you have it happen off and on. mine seems fast for aminute, then it does the same thing. lags and drops letters.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

You can also try SK tools for cleaning and optimizing your phone. Let me know if you want it and I will PM you the link.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karate134 View Post
the issue does sound similar.
did you have it happen off and on. mine seems fast for aminute, then it does the same thing. lags and drops letters.
Unfortunately, no amount of software tweaks can fix this problem, if your phone does indeed have the same problem my old phone did. If you don't have TEP, you can try opening up the TP and taping down the ribbon to make sure it doesn't get loose again. I'll try to find a link with a walkthrough that was here before.

// here you go
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62876
Old 06-05-2009, 03:41 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I dont have tep but tech support has been helpful in sending me replacements. Just a suggestion or option before taking it apart yourself. Im having the keyboard issues now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro