PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BurgsideTiger is keeping up the good workBurgsideTiger is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question my always active data connection

okay, so i got the touch pro back in december, still run stock rom, tellus radio, and just a few other modificaions. but this is what i have been running into.

for about 2 weeks i have noticed that my data connection always seems to be active, like its sending and receiving info or something. i have my email to check every 4 hours, so that isnt it. just wondering if anyone else has come across this, and what they may have done to fix it.

thanks!!!
personally im not a fan of the reach around either. its not that per se, but more whats going on behind!. i hope you meant they always give you the run around, cuz if not, id avoid that store altogether!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:31 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work
Re: my always active data connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgsideTiger View Post
okay, so i got the touch pro back in december, still run stock rom, tellus radio, and just a few other modificaions. but this is what i have been running into.

for about 2 weeks i have noticed that my data connection always seems to be active, like its sending and receiving info or something. i have my email to check every 4 hours, so that isnt it. just wondering if anyone else has come across this, and what they may have done to fix it.

thanks!!!
Do you have Advanced Config installed? If so, there is a setting that will disconnect after a certain time period that you can adjust yourself. Install the app, open, click Menu (right soft key), More Settings, Connections, then check Disconnect after: and you can select which setting you prefer.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v3.3.cab (282.1 KB, 78 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work

If the arrows are white, it's an active connection but if the arrows are greyed out, the data connection is idle. I had that a lot for awhile and it ended up being that the weather was set to update automatically. Change it in the weather settings and that may take care of the problem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ott View Post
Do you have Advanced Config installed? If so, there is a setting that will disconnect after a certain time period that you can adjust yourself. Install the app, open, click Menu (right soft key), More Settings, Connections, then check Disconnect after: and you can select which setting you prefer.
If you do this on Sprint or other CDMA, you run the risk of NOT being able to answer your phone. This data disconnect is designed for GSM phones only.

Use at your own risk.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

471405 is a n00b

+1 for advanced configuration
Old 06-05-2009, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Threadstarter

BurgsideTiger is keeping up the good workBurgsideTiger is keeping up the good work

hey thanks guys. i havent gotten to try anything yet, but i do have advance config, so i may try that after work. by the way, i do know the difference between active and non active data connection, so that isnt the problem. i have thanked each of you for your suggestions, and i will post back later and let u know if anything worked or not.

thanks again!!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
If you do this on Sprint or other CDMA, you run the risk of NOT being able to answer your phone. This data disconnect is designed for GSM phones only.

Use at your own risk.

This is very true, but theres a reg edit to fix the data setting to stop that portion of it...I use diamond tweak myself and I have had no issues at all with my data connection or answering calls Heres the thread with essential programs for the TP, diamont tweak is in the list bro, as well as other customisation programs!! Hope this helps http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

Last edited by Big Redneck3100; 06-05-2009 at 10:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Lurker

monkeychucker is a n00b

I know when I installed pocket shield and used the windows mobile dialer the arrows showed solid white falsely. This was just a side effect from the program but was not actually using data. Do the arrows ever turn grey or maybe its something installed causing it?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

The GSM dialer skin that has been converted for a CDMA will also give you constant lit data arrows....there is a thread about it, I believe it was the skin w/curtains.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 06-05-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Another thing that could kick it on is time sync, go to settings, phone, time sycn, get settings and uncheck the box, click ok
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro