PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   my always active data connection (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70635)

BurgsideTiger 06-04-2009 03:18 PM

my always active data connection

okay, so i got the touch pro back in december, still run stock rom, tellus radio, and just a few other modificaions. but this is what i have been running into.

for about 2 weeks i have noticed that my data connection always seems to be active, like its sending and receiving info or something. i have my email to check every 4 hours, so that isnt it. just wondering if anyone else has come across this, and what they may have done to fix it.

thanks!!!

ott 06-04-2009 03:31 PM

Re: my always active data connection

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BurgsideTiger (Post 954775)
okay, so i got the touch pro back in december, still run stock rom, tellus radio, and just a few other modificaions. but this is what i have been running into.

for about 2 weeks i have noticed that my data connection always seems to be active, like its sending and receiving info or something. i have my email to check every 4 hours, so that isnt it. just wondering if anyone else has come across this, and what they may have done to fix it.

thanks!!!

Do you have Advanced Config installed? If so, there is a setting that will disconnect after a certain time period that you can adjust yourself. Install the app, open, click Menu (right soft key), More Settings, Connections, then check Disconnect after: and you can select which setting you prefer.

BigDinCA 06-04-2009 05:12 PM

If the arrows are white, it's an active connection but if the arrows are greyed out, the data connection is idle. I had that a lot for awhile and it ended up being that the weather was set to update automatically. Change it in the weather settings and that may take care of the problem.

Compusmurf 06-04-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ott (Post 954809)
Do you have Advanced Config installed? If so, there is a setting that will disconnect after a certain time period that you can adjust yourself. Install the app, open, click Menu (right soft key), More Settings, Connections, then check Disconnect after: and you can select which setting you prefer.

If you do this on Sprint or other CDMA, you run the risk of NOT being able to answer your phone. This data disconnect is designed for GSM phones only.

Use at your own risk. :)

471405 06-04-2009 09:20 PM

+1 for advanced configuration

BurgsideTiger 06-05-2009 10:38 AM

hey thanks guys. i havent gotten to try anything yet, but i do have advance config, so i may try that after work. by the way, i do know the difference between active and non active data connection, so that isnt the problem. i have thanked each of you for your suggestions, and i will post back later and let u know if anything worked or not.

thanks again!!!!

Big Redneck3100 06-05-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compusmurf (Post 955501)
If you do this on Sprint or other CDMA, you run the risk of NOT being able to answer your phone. This data disconnect is designed for GSM phones only.

Use at your own risk. :)

This is very true, but theres a reg edit to fix the data setting to stop that portion of it...I use diamond tweak myself and I have had no issues at all with my data connection or answering calls:headbang: Heres the thread with essential programs for the TP, diamont tweak is in the list bro, as well as other customisation programs!! Hope this helps ;) http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

monkeychucker 06-05-2009 10:53 AM

I know when I installed pocket shield and used the windows mobile dialer the arrows showed solid white falsely. This was just a side effect from the program but was not actually using data. Do the arrows ever turn grey or maybe its something installed causing it?

Unknown Zone 06-05-2009 11:53 AM

The GSM dialer skin that has been converted for a CDMA will also give you constant lit data arrows....there is a thread about it, I believe it was the skin w/curtains.

elmerfudpucker 06-05-2009 12:05 PM

Another thing that could kick it on is time sync, go to settings, phone, time sycn, get settings and uncheck the box, click ok