PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   new to touchpro, need some help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70612)

karen9801 06-04-2009 12:12 PM

new to touchpro, need some help

ok, I am a bit slow when it comes to technology and have some problems with the phone that I can't figure out:

1. Can I set the alarm to have multiple beeps instead of just one beep? I use it as an alarm clock on the road and some days one beep will not wake me up

2. The phone keeps setting itself to the wrong time(an hour ahead) even after I went in and changed the timezone in the settings.

3. Can I somehow use a downloaded ringer for the text message alert? I seem to only be able to use the factory loaded alerts for texts

4. I somehow deleted sprint tv, how do I get it back on?

5. I can open my hotmail through the internet and view my messages, is there a way to just automatically link it to the phone so that the phone will alert me when there are new emails instead of having to open the browser each time to check the inbox.

Sorry, I know it's a lot, but those phone is a lot more high speed and complex than what I am used to using. THanks in advance for the help

Technology1 06-04-2009 12:24 PM

Re: new to touchpro, need some help

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by karen9801 (Post 954409)
ok, I am a bit slow when it comes to technology and have some problems with the phone that I can't figure out:

1. Can I set the alarm to have multiple beeps instead of just one beep? I use it as an alarm clock on the road and some days one beep will not wake me up

2. The phone keeps setting itself to the wrong time(an hour ahead) even after I went in and changed the timezone in the settings.

3. Can I somehow use a downloaded ringer for the text message alert? I seem to only be able to use the factory loaded alerts for texts

5. I can open my hotmail through the internet and view my messages, is there a way to just automatically link it to the phone so that the phone will alert me when there are new emails instead of having to open the browser each time to check the inbox.

Sorry, I know it's a lot, but those phone is a lot more high speed and complex than what I am used to using. THanks in advance for the help

Ok! Here is your SprintTV software below, now concerning yout Hotmail account, Microsoft has a new set up, so do a Google search or go to the Microsoft website, let me know how things work out for you, enjoy.....:drunken:

Text message: Excuse me boss..!

piranah 06-04-2009 01:26 PM

OP,
send me a PM and id be more than happy to help u with your questions

TrainSafe 06-04-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

1. [Settings] --> [Clocks & Alarms] --> [Alarms] --> click on the bell icon.
Make sure the "Repeat Sound" box is ticked then set the alarm for the normal time you want to wake up. It will ring. If you don't press a button or acknowledge the alarm, it will keep going every few minutes. Also, you'll notice that you have the ability to change the alarm tone via the dropdown box.

2. Have you checked your daylight savings time settings? That may be the culprit. Or, do you live close to the border between time zones? If your phone is set to pull the time from the cellular network, and you hit a tower on the next time zone it may mess you up.

3. Dump any small (less than 100k) .wav file into the Windows directory. It will then show up in your list of available sounds to use. Change sounds via [Settings] --> [Sounds & Notifications] --> [Notifications]

darren.wlsn1 06-04-2009 06:45 PM

power button is on the top, incase you forgot that question. jk, welcome here.

cecspark 06-10-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

You can also use Advanced Config to change the setting. Go to Input and change Auto Deploy SIP to disabled. It is enabled by default. Again, this will not help with Opera, but it does keep it from popping up in other Windows apps. You will still have an SIP icon at the bottom of the screen if you choose to use it.