PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

quadafi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Encrypted pics

Hello, this is my first post. I've successfully changed my Touch Pro (cdma)rom to Mighty but in my haste i forgot to unencrypt my pics before i changed the rom. So now every pic that i took with my phone on the previous rom will not show. When i try to click one it says open up the app. Is there anything i can do to view these pics or is it a lost cause. Any help would be greatly apprieciated.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Re: Encrypted pics

I believe the encryption key is generated after each hard reset (or flash, as part of that long first-boot process), so I believe your pics are lost, but maybe one of the wizards here can help. The encryption tool warns of this when you select the encryption option, IIRC.

There is also a product called Cryptainer. I use it on the desktop, and there is a PPC version. It operates somewhat differently than the encryption built into the OS, but I believe it would make your encrypted containers "portable" as long as you had the correct password (though I haven't tested that yet). I know the desktop version works that way as I've transferred encrypted containers to new computers and re-opened them with no problem.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

From what I remember from past threads, hate to say it but without the key your out of luck bro.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 06-04-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

tonymontana2367 is keeping up the good worktonymontana2367 is keeping up the good worktonymontana2367 is keeping up the good work

no hope.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

quadafi is a n00b

Thanks for the help i was afraid of that. Oh well time to make more memories...
Old 06-06-2009, 07:20 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

what did u encrypt them with? the wm checkbox?

Old 06-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Ahh.. ive done that too. I searched and no solution. You lost your pics.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

quadafi is a n00b

I encrypted them under settings/systems/encrytpion. I kinda figured the pics were lost.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:17 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Did u create a system backup at anytime you had access to your encrypted pics on the previous ROM? If so, u could flash back to the previous ROM, restore the backup & regain access to your pics.... maybe..

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 06-14-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP

jparks29 is a n00b
Talking Re: Encrypted pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymontana2367 View Post
no hope.
Make a post in a public forum that your phone has pics of underage girls, wait about a week for the FBI to show up, VOILA! They'll get all your pictures for you! They'll be upset that there wasn't anything illegal on them, but you got your pics!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro