PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: Sprint

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
question before i return my phone

i just lost the vibrate function on my Touch Pro -- I don't think it's ROM related, so I'm thinking of flashing the factory ROM / Radio, taking it in, hopefully getting it fixed/replaced, then unlocking/flashing back my custom ROM i'm using.

so the question is, should I lock it back after flashing the factory settings?

does the vibrate function come back to people out there whose phones have stopped vibrating?

thanks
sony clie peg-t665c: 5/2002-3/2006
palm v - 5/1999-4/2002
Old 06-03-2009, 04:35 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: question before i return my phone

Have u tried hard resetting or using a different ROM?

Unlocking won't be necessary....they won't notice. They never did when I had my mogul and I had that exchanged like 3 or 4 times unlocked
Old 06-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

Back when I had a Mogul, everyone made a big deal about flashing the stock rom before you take your phone in for service. Supposedly custom roms void your warranty, but I don't know for certain.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Threadstarter

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Have u tried hard resetting or using a different ROM?

Unlocking won't be necessary....they won't notice. They never did when I had my mogul and I had that exchanged like 3 or 4 times unlocked
i'm backing up right now with Sprite and then i'm hard reseting and restoring, just to see.

if it doesn't work then i'm going to flash the stock and see if they'll exchange it.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

i have taken back 3 tp's and not once have i flashed back to the stock rom and all of them have been replaced for free, just thought i would throw my 2cents in.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: question before i return my phone

I had an issue where my phone wouldn't activesync at all but it would charge just fine.

I took it to a corporate store/repair center so they can try to fix the issue, came back to pick it up and they said since I had 'ssk' rom that that voided my warranty...they flagged my phone and the only way to get a replacement was through insurance now! wtf I was piss off because I knew the rom had nothing to do with it, it was harware issue because I flashed back to the stock rom and the same thing happen.

The phone no longer activesync in any of my computers at home but my brother's Pro did activesync in seconds.

I was then doing this because reflashing to stock takes 3 mins at most. I ended up calling customer service and they were almost willing to do send me a replacement Pro after going going through the trouble shooting with level 3 tech support but since the phone was flagged the 'system' would NOT let the rep/supervisor request my replacemnt..bs probably but don't give them an excuse.

I then did the 'advance replacment online' with the stock rom back on of cousrse and now I have a pro with a gap between the top and bottom but at least the phone activesyncs like butter now.

long story short better safe than sorry [avoid this ] and flash back to stock, it takes 3 minutes max

Last edited by Rippa_MD; 06-03-2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: minor grammar punctuation cleaning, it probably still has some errors but it is what it is
Old 06-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippa_MD View Post
I had an issue where my phone wouldn't activesync at all but it would charge just fine.

I took it to a corporate store/repair center so they can try to fix the issue, came back to pick it up and they said since I had 'ssk' rom that that voided my warranty...they flagged my phone and the only way to get a replacement was through insurance now! wtf I was piss off because I knew the rom had nothing to do with it, it was harware issue because I flashed back to the stock rom and the same thing happen.

The phone no longer activesync in any of my computers at home but my brother's Pro did activesync in seconds.

I was then doing this because reflashing to stock takes 3 mins at most. I ended up calling customer service and they were almost willing to do send me a replacement Pro after going going through the trouble shooting with level 3 tech support but since the phone was flagged the 'system' would NOT let the rep/supervisor request my replacemnt..bs probably but don't give them an excuse.

I then did the 'advance replacment online' with the stock rom back on of cousrse and now I have a pro with a gap between the top and bottom but at least the phone activesyncs like butter now.

long story short better safe than sorry [avoid this ] and flash back to stock, it takes 3 minutes max
I worked at sprint up until 2 months ago as a technician. There is no way to flag a phone so that it can't be replaced. the only flagging that goes on a phone is if it is lost or stolen. if you were able to flash back to your stock rom and went back, they would've had no choice but to fix the problem. by you having that rom that was a good way for them to not replace it, then they scared you into not going back.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Bay Area Boss

here is another thread from over the weekend and this guy was having your exact same problem. I told him to go in anyways, and they replaced his tp as well. the rom doesn't really matter.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70369
Old 06-03-2009, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You f'ed it up, you don't return it when you broke it!!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: question before i return my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I worked at sprint up until 2 months ago as a technician. There is no way to flag a phone so that it can't be replaced. the only flagging that goes on a phone is if it is lost or stolen. if you were able to flash back to your stock rom and went back, they would've had no choice but to fix the problem. by you having that rom that was a good way for them to not replace it, then they scared you into not going back.
The way I found out my phone had been flagged by the technician was when the customer/tech rep on the phone said she couldn't order a replacement because of a flag that the phone was 'beyond repair' lol .. I should have gone back to the store with the stock rom to see the face on the tech's face because that was the excuse he gave me, since he had seen the custom rom I figured the flag was placed because it voided the warranty... .

I rather not give them the option to use my custom rom as an excuse but definitely good to know some insider info.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro