PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2009, 04:28 PM
yotoad's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: Sprint
Location: tennessee
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 365
Reputation: 175
yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
question before i return my phone

i just lost the vibrate function on my Touch Pro -- I don't think it's ROM related, so I'm thinking of flashing the factory ROM / Radio, taking it in, hopefully getting it fixed/replaced, then unlocking/flashing back my custom ROM i'm using.

so the question is, should I lock it back after flashing the factory settings?

does the vibrate function come back to people out there whose phones have stopped vibrating?

thanks
__________________
palm pre: 10/2009-present
htc touch pro: 11/2008-present
htc apache: 4/2006-10/2008
sony clie peg-t665c: 5/2002-3/2006
palm v - 5/1999-4/2002
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2009, 04:35 PM
brushrop03's Avatar
brushrop03
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: question before i return my phone

Have u tried hard resetting or using a different ROM?

Unlocking won't be necessary....they won't notice. They never did when I had my mogul and I had that exchanged like 3 or 4 times unlocked
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Machinehead's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 617
Reputation: 535
Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: question before i return my phone

Back when I had a Mogul, everyone made a big deal about flashing the stock rom before you take your phone in for service. Supposedly custom roms void your warranty, but I don't know for certain.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2009, 04:42 PM
yotoad's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: tennessee
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 365
Reputation: 175
yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: question before i return my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Have u tried hard resetting or using a different ROM?

Unlocking won't be necessary....they won't notice. They never did when I had my mogul and I had that exchanged like 3 or 4 times unlocked
i'm backing up right now with Sprite and then i'm hard reseting and restoring, just to see.

if it doesn't work then i'm going to flash the stock and see if they'll exchange it.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2009, 05:54 PM
p-slim's Avatar
Bay Area Boss
Offline
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile
Location: Bay Area
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,021
Reputation: 4020
p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: question before i return my phone

i have taken back 3 tp's and not once have i flashed back to the stock rom and all of them have been replaced for free, just thought i would throw my 2cents in.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Rippa_MD's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 155
Reputation: 130
Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: question before i return my phone

I had an issue where my phone wouldn't activesync at all but it would charge just fine.

I took it to a corporate store/repair center so they can try to fix the issue, came back to pick it up and they said since I had 'ssk' rom that that voided my warranty...they flagged my phone and the only way to get a replacement was through insurance now! wtf I was piss off because I knew the rom had nothing to do with it, it was harware issue because I flashed back to the stock rom and the same thing happen.

The phone no longer activesync in any of my computers at home but my brother's Pro did activesync in seconds.

I was then doing this because reflashing to stock takes 3 mins at most. I ended up calling customer service and they were almost willing to do send me a replacement Pro after going going through the trouble shooting with level 3 tech support but since the phone was flagged the 'system' would NOT let the rep/supervisor request my replacemnt..bs probably but don't give them an excuse.

I then did the 'advance replacment online' with the stock rom back on of cousrse and now I have a pro with a gap between the top and bottom but at least the phone activesyncs like butter now.

long story short better safe than sorry [avoid this ] and flash back to stock, it takes 3 minutes max

Last edited by Rippa_MD; 06-03-2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: minor grammar punctuation cleaning, it probably still has some errors but it is what it is
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2009, 09:14 PM
p-slim's Avatar
Bay Area Boss
Offline
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile
Location: Bay Area
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,021
Reputation: 4020
p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: question before i return my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippa_MD View Post
I had an issue where my phone wouldn't activesync at all but it would charge just fine.

I took it to a corporate store/repair center so they can try to fix the issue, came back to pick it up and they said since I had 'ssk' rom that that voided my warranty...they flagged my phone and the only way to get a replacement was through insurance now! wtf I was piss off because I knew the rom had nothing to do with it, it was harware issue because I flashed back to the stock rom and the same thing happen.

The phone no longer activesync in any of my computers at home but my brother's Pro did activesync in seconds.

I was then doing this because reflashing to stock takes 3 mins at most. I ended up calling customer service and they were almost willing to do send me a replacement Pro after going going through the trouble shooting with level 3 tech support but since the phone was flagged the 'system' would NOT let the rep/supervisor request my replacemnt..bs probably but don't give them an excuse.

I then did the 'advance replacment online' with the stock rom back on of cousrse and now I have a pro with a gap between the top and bottom but at least the phone activesyncs like butter now.

long story short better safe than sorry [avoid this ] and flash back to stock, it takes 3 minutes max
I worked at sprint up until 2 months ago as a technician. There is no way to flag a phone so that it can't be replaced. the only flagging that goes on a phone is if it is lost or stolen. if you were able to flash back to your stock rom and went back, they would've had no choice but to fix the problem. by you having that rom that was a good way for them to not replace it, then they scared you into not going back.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2009, 09:18 PM
p-slim's Avatar
Bay Area Boss
Offline
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile
Location: Bay Area
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,021
Reputation: 4020
p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: question before i return my phone

here is another thread from over the weekend and this guy was having your exact same problem. I told him to go in anyways, and they replaced his tp as well. the rom doesn't really matter.

A little help
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2009, 09:31 PM
zepsamsung's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 229
Reputation: 280
zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: question before i return my phone

You f'ed it up, you don't return it when you broke it!!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Rippa_MD's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 155
Reputation: 130
Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: question before i return my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I worked at sprint up until 2 months ago as a technician. There is no way to flag a phone so that it can't be replaced. the only flagging that goes on a phone is if it is lost or stolen. if you were able to flash back to your stock rom and went back, they would've had no choice but to fix the problem. by you having that rom that was a good way for them to not replace it, then they scared you into not going back.
The way I found out my phone had been flagged by the technician was when the customer/tech rep on the phone said she couldn't order a replacement because of a flag that the phone was 'beyond repair' lol .. I should have gone back to the store with the stock rom to see the face on the tech's face because that was the excuse he gave me, since he had seen the custom rom I figured the flag was placed because it voided the warranty... .

I rather not give them the option to use my custom rom as an excuse but definitely good to know some insider info.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com