PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 03:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

wesley410 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Disable sprint internet connection

Hi, I have tried searching and have not found anything that works.
I want to completly disable the the Sprint internet connection and just use WiFi.

--I have tried turing Data Connection off from the Communcations menu (settings > communications)
--I have tried running a nodata.cab file that I found via searching on here, but it didnt work either (yes i ran the program too and fiddled with the options)
--I have also deleted the connection dialing #777 for the internet connection (called EVDO in this ROM, I think the standard name is Sprint.)
What am I missing?
Edit----
Must also delete Phone as modem connection --thanks intrlude
refer to post 3 for info

I am trying to keep sprint out of the loop for contract purposes (mine ends next month)
I am running Psyki custom ROM with WM6.1pro if that makes a difference

Last edited by wesley410; 06-04-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:20 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Disable sprint internet connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley410 View Post
--I have tried running a nodata.cab file that I found via searching on here, but it didnt work either

I am trying to keep sprint out of the loop for contract purposes (mine ends next month)
the nodata.cab installs a program called nodata. you need to open the app to turn off connection(s)

i'm not sure what you mean by keeping sprint out of the loop? you can change you plan options without renewing the contract.. infact you can have them disable internet access at an account level if you want. (won't even be able to pay per kb)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

I believe that AdvancedConfig gives you an option. Open AdvancedConfig press Menu followed by More settings > click Connections. You should see Phone as Modem and your "data" connection (depending on ROM is the name). Click til shows disabled.

Tested by disabling and trying the weather app. Gave me an error "couldn't connect". Connected WiFi and was able to update weather.

And incase you don't have it, here's the cab file.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v3.3.cab (282.1 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Threadstarter

wesley410 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
the nodata.cab installs a program called nodata. you need to open the app to turn off connection(s)

i'm not sure what you mean by keeping sprint out of the loop? you can change you plan options without renewing the contract.. infact you can have them disable internet access at an account level if you want. (won't even be able to pay per kb)
Yea, i ran the program, guess i shoulda said that cause im new here.
and I think leaving the account alone would help me with retentions when I call later

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrlude View Post
I believe that AdvancedConfig gives you an option. Open AdvancedConfig press Menu followed by More settings > click Connections. You should see Phone as Modem and your "data" connection (depending on ROM is the name). Click til shows disabled.

Tested by disabling and trying the weather app. Gave me an error "couldn't connect". Connected WiFi and was able to update weather.

And incase you don't have it, here's the cab file.
I will give this a try and edit my post with the results

YES!!! and THANKS
I forgot to remove phone as a modem....but now that I have done that it is blocked

Last edited by wesley410; 06-04-2009 at 02:56 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro