PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

patel33 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Auto rotate - stuck in Landscape

My Sprint TP automatically goes to landscape upon reset... even putting it back in portrait thru settings is a temporary fix. Searched the forum but did not come up with an answer... the problem just cropped up after 7-8 months of use... but i have flashed juicys rom lately, but i dont think that is the actual issue since i have been using them for a while..... any way to disable landscape????? i have insurance but id rather hold off on that unless necessary...
Old 06-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Re: Auto rotate - stuck in Landscape

It may be the screen switch which is faulty. Take it to a repair center, since you have the insurance.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

patel33 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrlude View Post
It may be the screen switch which is faulty. Take it to a repair center, since you have the insurance.
thats my next option... anybody know a registry edit or something that can keep the phone in portrait or disable landscape??
Old 06-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

maybe try a hard reset or flash to a different rom.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nannay12 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to nannay12

you could always try Gyrator 2, or Flip it. 2 programs which enable the "flipping" of the screen with the help of the accelerometer. search the settings within. if you keep gyrator 2 running then i dont think you will have to even change any settings. should flip the home screen to be straight again, and lists will be either landscape or portrait depending on how you are holding your phone.
Hope that works, i think that it should although
GOOD LUCK!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:14 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by patel33 View Post
thats my next option... anybody know a registry edit or something that can keep the phone in portrait or disable landscape??

If you go to \HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSensor\GSensor\ in the registry, you ill find a key named AutoRotation, Change it's value to 0 and then softreset.That will stop it from autorotating. Also, try to recalibrate your accelerometer by going to settings\system\gsensor.

dwizzy130

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

patel33 is a n00b

update: pretty sure its not a rom thing....
the registry edit was already there as i had disable the accelerometer

i installed gyrator2 which has almost fixed the problem

the screen rotates as it should now, but when it come alive from a power off it automatically switches to landscape, same thing happens on a soft reset.... after a few seconds gyrator2 kicks in and fixes it but i found it a little funny that it automatically does this on a power on

any comments on what could be wrong??? ...seems the accelerometer is functioning because it rotates, but the phone just wants to start in landscape
Old 06-03-2009, 11:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC T7279(Touch Pro)/ Treo Pro
Carrier: Telus

_Allan_ is a n00b

sounds like your phone is going through "teenage" stage of life - always wanting to be horizontal instead of vertical hehe ... try a hard reset or use the insurance.

As mentioned above, it sounds like the sensor on the slide may be broken.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:25 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

just go in and get a new one. i wouldnt deal with this problem for more than a day without getting a different one.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Glitch4583 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannay12 View Post
you could always try Gyrator 2, or Flip it. 2 programs which enable the "flipping" of the screen with the help of the accelerometer. search the settings within. if you keep gyrator 2 running then i dont think you will have to even change any settings. should flip the home screen to be straight again, and lists will be either landscape or portrait depending on how you are holding your phone.
Hope that works, i think that it should although
GOOD LUCK!
Thanks for this. I just bought a TP from somebody here on the forum and what do ya know? It does this too! Will use Gyrator 2 until the TP 2 comes out since I can't get insurance on a used phone. *grumble grumble*

- Glitch

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro